Maxi Jazz RIP

The just announced sad news regarding Maxi Jazz, the singer from Faithless. This is some more sad news ahead of Christmas and again only 65 which adds to the rather large list of departees for this year. Hearing Maxi & Faithless for the first time just blew me away. Great albums & a great voice; it could only be Maxi & Faithless, a perfect combination. Now sadly missed.

18 Likes

Just saw the same, truely sad news, what a talent, their tunes are only ever a couple of gaps always from a spin here, RIP x

Sad news, brilliant live act and a gent… R.I.P

Insomnia was such an anthem of the nineties which just seemed hard wired into the soul of Maxi Jazz, who successfully carried it into the new millennium . RIP

Peter

6 Likes

Bloody awful news again. Way too young. Saw them several times live and they were always excellent

Oh no! I love his work. RIP and get some sleep Maxi Jazz

2 Likes

Another decent Musican/Singer has left us.

:cry:

Oh no! I love his work. RIP and get some sleep Maxi Jazz

:cry:

I saw him and the rest of the band around the ’96s in Austria on a ski slope where they performed. I spoke extensively to all the band members afterwards and had a drink together. I was there for my work as a sound engineer. Very cool guy Maxwell Fraser.

RIP Maxwell😢

3 Likes

God Is A DJ now…

Rip it up Maxi.

6 Likes

Huge loss - I saw them a few times at Brixton Academy and they were always brilliant. Lifelong Palace fan and CPFC have already announced that at our match against Fulham on Boxing Day, the teams will walk out to a Faithless track. I will be there

4 Likes

Also saw Faithless live a few times and always had a fantastic night.

2 Likes

Great song and video

2 Likes

I loved Insomnia but it was God is a DJ that really lit up the clubs in the early 90s. Such and amazing group, singer. So sad to hear he’s no longer with us. RIP.

3 Likes

That was truly sad news. Faithless’ tunes, their fantastic live sets and Maxi Jazz’ artistry have been central to the years when I enjoyed electronic music. RIP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.