Me amps

Next week I get my amps- brand new 252/300, I’ve scoured the forum looking for definitive answer to two questions, tbh I’m getting concerned having read about the need to burn in that I’ll by underwhelmed with them when I first listen !!

1. Will continual playing of, say, a streamed radio 24/7, burn the amps in quicker or is the running in a function of the amps simply being switched on with or without music?

2. The wiring diagram/instructions places the 252 over the supercap over the nap 300 over the 300ps, is this best way to stack them or are they drawn like that to show how they are to be wired up- I was thinking of nds over 252 over nap300 with power supplies all together at the bottom??

Forum Recommended staking order is probably…

300PS
SC

3 Likes

They will sound great straight from the box. They just get even better with time. Enjoy your new amplification. :+1::champagne:

3 Likes

Continually playing 24x7 radio station will speed things up a bit, but it should sound great straight away.

1 Like

There are equipment burn in disks/programs available that more extensively go through the full frequency range.

I used a Tellerium Q ( they make audio cables) burn in disk. I copied the CD . They may sell the file over the Internet.

Burn in can take a considerable time for some Naim products.

Enjoy your new purchase!

1 Like

Don’t do anything special. Just play music and enjoy the ride. They’ll sound good, get better and you’ll have a few rough days in between.

2 Likes

Preamp on top, streamer next worked best for me, and others have found the same apparently.
Your system must include at least 6 boxes now, and at that level you would benefit from separating it onto 2 racks, sometimes referred to as ‘brain and brawn’.

2 Likes

My stacking order from top to bottom is

NDS
Supercap
300PS
555 DR

With this arrangement on a single Fraim all Burndies hang free and don’t touch the floor (just!).

3 Likes

Mine sounded great straight from the box. Nothing to worry about!

1 Like

You’re not physically stacking the units on top of one another other are you ?

1 Like

No

No Opus, each on separate shelves with around 5cm gap

Good to hear. If it was me preamp on top, then streamer, power amp on the bottom, power supplies in between. Of course I don’t have Naim separates so what do I know :smirk:

1 Like

Do you have a naim all in one or are u a spy from the Macintosh forum??

Actually I have a Naim Muso 2 in my kitchen/ family room. My main system uses a Aesthetix Mimas integrated amp.

1 Like

Whatever stacking you come up with, just make sure all the burndies hang in free air, especially for the 300.

If a 300’s burndies rest on the ground then performance can be significantly compromised.

1 Like

Blimey- is this an earthing issue? Or hi fi folk lore? My b- cables won’t reach the floor but they won’t be freely hanging- they may partly lie on wooden shelving- what is the issue with them? Is this advice mentioned in naim’s IFU?

Not an earthing issue but somehow laying burndies on the floor affects the bass primarily – and to get the best from the kit, all burndies should hang freely.

It normally means just stacking higher-up and/or adding lower shelves to achieve the same.

Thanks - as I mention they won’t be on the floor but neither will they freely hang- will them part lying on the shelves etc an issue os do they have to be on the actual floor to suffer degradation of sq?

From all I’ve been told by dealers, they really need to hang freely.

Many years back I auditioned a 300 against an Olive 250 and preferred the latter - but realised after some discussion with the dealer that laying the burndies on the floor was very much sub-optimal with the former. Doh!