Meat Loaf - RIP

I saw him on the Deadringer tour in the early 80’s. A great showman. Very sad news.

1 Like

R.I.P. Loaf … … … the greatest showman ever, and what a voice!

1 Like

A sad day.

Like Richard I thought he was great as Eddie and his track on the RHPS was one of my favourites. I worked in a kitchen at weekends while at school in the late 70s and Bat Out of Hell was often the accompaniment to manic shifts.

I read this article today which made me smile; I assume the link is ok, if not just search on ‘Meatloaf, Ireland and wheelchair’.

4 Likes

Sad, another one gone…

I remember really enjoying him on American Apprentice. Yes he did get angry/emotional at times, but he was very creative, and an intelligent man.

2 Likes

Meatloaf was one of the soundtracks of my teens.
Thank you for the music and for the theatre. Happy memories!

Yet another great has left us.

Despite utterly loving Bat out of Hell on cassette/vinyl originally my Qobuz hi-res purchase a few years ago was very thin and disappointing - have tried a few other versions tonight digitally and all equally rather poor - just me?

1 Like

Unfortunately it is a well known problem of that album. Must be rubbish masters, that they can’t improve on it

1 Like

Or perhaps loss of older better ‘masters’?

It just seemed much fuller around the time of original release but playing tonight sounds rather anaemic.

Remembering Meatloaf as Eddie, in the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Fangs for the memories.
“I would do anything for love, but I won’t do that”
Well he did in the end, like we all do.
RIP

RIP Meat. We’ve lost another extraordinary character from the music world whose star will keep shining long after we’ve gone.

Peter

I’m sure Marvin would get the humour

I wonder what Benidorm tribute act Peat Loaf will do now?

My lovely wife and resident music lover had Bat Out of Hell on vinyl but we could not find it tonight. She remembered that his daughters had wanted to buy something because it was trendy. He told them, “Trendy does not last. If you learn to be cool, you can be cool forever.” A well-crafted “No” from father Loaf. RIP.

The day Meatloaf found himself confronted by Avid from Bo’ Selecta!

Says everything that he was up for it, and didn’t just walk away.

R.I.P. big man.

2 Likes

Not a fan of either but fair play.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.