Melco qobuz upgrade

Nice to be able to download directly to the melco now from qobuz.
Have used highresaudio.com before to do this, but it’s library is not great, this upgrade is certainly going to be very useful and very easy to use, plus give great sound quality.
Only available on the EX range or if you have upgraded your older unit to the EX

Prompted by this thread, I have upgraded my Melco 100 and set my Qobuz account & login. The Melco software ‘found’ my Qobuz userid automatically so I just had the labour of entering my password- which was accepted.
The automated download has worked and downloaded the albums I previously bought from Qobuz into the automatically created dedicated folder.
I had to rescan, via Minimwatch, to get Minimserver to ‘see’ the files and present them to my NDX2, Atom, Qb2.

Apparently my dealer has posted you can now do a direct download to a Melco EX unit, anyone tried? Interested in views.

1 Like

That’s the first I’ve heard of it but I’m keen to find out more. I’ll have a look this evening and see if I can add anymore details.

See my thread on this a few lines down.
But basically you can now download directly from qobuz as well as highres site

1 Like

@Dunc posted recently on it, elsewhere.

1 Like

Super! Now do I treat myself to the Qobuz sublime package …hmm…

2 Likes

You should treat yourself!

1 Like

I think you’re right :grinning: Thanks for helping with my predicament :+1:

Is it only purchased albums you can download? I would assume so but …

Presume so

1 Like

There are two identical parallel threads. The other one is called “ Melco Ex Qobuz upgrade “.

1 Like

I have merged the two threads that were running on this.

2 Likes

There are 10 free cd’s on Qobuz to download if you want to try it out. Check the download chart on Qobuz unsurprisingly the free cd’s are in the top ten.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.