Melco S100 on demo

I have messaged you.

1 Like

If I may, in your position Iā€™d add a LPS to the ER.

The ER is ā€œcopper-connectedā€ to your ND555. You want it to be as ā€œsilentā€ as possible.

I power my Roon Server with a Teddy Pardo power supply. It brings nothing, at least nothing audible.

And if you think of it, it makes sense. Especially if you use an ER to isolate your ND555 for the rest of the network.

Good idea - only issue at the moment is Martin is trying to establish if the chosen LPS can handle my music server, which is 19v. The choice seems to be Teddy Pardo or ANO.

In any event Iā€™m not keen on spending much more on my system as I have just added a TT whilst waiting for Martin to come up with a suitable LPS. Itā€™s been a long story (ever since I bought the server over a year ago), as Martin had been hoping to source his own LPS but has difficulty sourcing the chassis, and perhaps the electronics, and a reliable manufacturer.

Have Naim every made any comment on these issues?

For me it didnā€™t make any noticeable difference when putting one of the favoured switches in front of my 272. My view is that if relatively expensive kit such as Naim can be improved by a relatively cheap switch then there is something wrong with the design. Alternatively Naim would sell this relatively cheap switch with a Naim logo on it, in which case it would become relatively expensive switch!

Edit. The OP has a dCS Rossini DAC and clock and pretty much top of the range everything else. If I were him Iā€™d be a bit miffed if an after market switch made a noticeable improvement.

3 Likes

Oh i see, that is an odd voltage, best of luck.

1 Like

Martin said that the components came with varied voltage requirements so patching it all together was tricky. Patching is the wrong word, but you know what I mean. I suppose that this boils to down to reliability of components and the manufacturer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just ordered a Cisco. I needed some additional ports anyway and it was cheap enough reconditioned that it made sense to get a better quality device. It it also improves the sound quality of my system then thatā€™s a bonus

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I got and for exactly the same reason. I still use it and it makes my home office look more professional so I am happy with it. Interested to hear your views when you get it installed.

1 Like

I have been looking at the hdplex site for a while they have a new lps out in December, 19v or 12v at 585 dollars. Though they are available out of Germany and have a depot in Sudbury UK. Might be worth checking or Martin?

2 Likes

Hdplex 400w would be the answer Camphuw

1 Like

I had the same idea on the same moment. We say here ā€œ les grands esprits se rencontrentā€.

1 Like

Great minds think alike in english. Did you have one of their power supplies in the past, if so, any good?

19v is standard for intel nucs and many other computers.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s very good, and specially for the money. Itā€™s an US Lps built in China.
Very good reviews of it everywhere.
I had the 200W, discontinued today. You can power even 4 items. Itā€™s a beast, in nice polished aluminum case.

1 Like

There is an opposite quote (isnā€™t there always?!): Fools rarely differ! :grinning:
(NOT implying I think it is any more apt.)

3 Likes

Looks like i am already well sorted in this area, having the DCS Rossini, thats good news and a very nice saving for once.
Pointless having something thatā€™s using power, adding nothing and costs hundreds if not thousands, especially if i start adding power supplies.
Plus nice to know that my old ears and brain are working.
Still have a S100 to play with coming, but not expecting it to do anything, apart from softening the dynamics a bit, if i go with what i have been told, so not expecting it to stay long lol

2 Likes

An HDPLEX300 will without breaking sweat. Our HDPLEX200 can power the Prestige server, an ER and and oR from 3 of its 4 outputs. Our Audiostore Prestige server seems to be perfectly happy running at either 19V or 12V from the HDPLEX, as Martin expected it to.

However, I have a brace of Paul Hynes SR4T coming to power the ER and oR respectively.
Am I going too far with this LPS for everything lark? Gosh, I do hope so. :grin:

p.s. now running Sonicorbiter v2.8 on both the server and the oR.

Best regards, BF

3 Likes

S100 made a huge difference in my system, but DCS Rossini ( which I donā€™t, and wonā€™t have) is something like ten times the price?

But according to your profile you have an ND555, broadly similar price to Rossini I think without checkingā€¦ Whether changing it for the Rossini would be beneficial/worthwhile would be the question - I donā€™t recall reading anyone directly comparing

A ND555 with 2 x 555dr power supplies is quite a bit more than a rossini and clock.
Quiet a lot off people have tried them both together and reported their finding like myself, not going to say what most find, as like i always say, you need to do it for yourself, but most are surprised.