Mercy Street

Hi I love this track… but the version I have from and old CD rip of Shaking the Tree …sounds great but it’s very siblent… my system does not suffer from this so I am pretty sure it’s the track. Does anyone have a recommend for the best source for this file…ie original cd or hi res… or sacd…can anyone help…
Richieroo

1 Like

If you’re talking about the track of that name from Peter Gabriel’s So album you can get it in 24 bit flac from 7digital for £2.39 or £16.49 for the whole album in 24/96 on Qobuz. CD quality on there too for a bit less.

Great track, just listened to it for first time on your recommendation

Wow, if that’s the case get listening to the rest of the So album, it is a cracker

1 Like

Added as a fav on Qobuz

Bandcamp have the whole Peter Gabriel catalogue in all media formats. The album So is £7 for the 24/96 download, they also have the remastered cd for £9. and the half speed remastered vinyl for £13

I keep forgetting about Bandcamp, I just have it in my mind that it is for niche and up-and-coming artists rather than the likes of Peter Gabriel

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you very much John.

1 Like

I hope they’re good remasters, 1-4 and So will wing their way here in a couple of weeks. I’ve got to open a Zoom call for dinner/drinkies with old college friends at 6 so I’ll download the digital copies tomorrow morning and give them a listen (headache permitting). Thanks again.

1 Like

A friend of mine bought the vinyl remasters and was very pleased. I bought all of the download albums from 1 through to Up and again they were all very good. Hopefully you will find them as good. Enjoy your evening.

1 Like

Check out the cover by Silje Nergaard. Available on Qobuz here: Mercy Street

2 Likes

Herbie Hancock does a great version of Mercy Street on ‘The New Standard’.

Terrific song, love the original. Iain Matthews does a fine version on his Pure & Crooked album.

Played SO over the week, own a copy of the half speed from Society of Sound (B&W) the whole album is exceptional -also have on high res to dot i’s and cross T

1 Like

Peter Gabriel - Mercy Street - Live in Athens 1987

here

… Elbow did an elegant version on one of the ‘Scratch my back’ albums too. less textures though than the original.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.