Metal Detectors

these guys think they know…

IMG_8252

7 Likes

The irony of The Sound of Silence was not lost🙂

I’m just going to have to go and watch them all again now.

1 Like

There you go @Count.d . The thread went downhill fast before you could say BFO. :sunglasses:

Tangential motion is not equivalent to southerly travel.

¿!Que¿!

There is something else that will require careful consideration.

What type of anorak will you be wearing. :grin:

1 Like

None. Donkey jacket and Cat steelies. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t mind tangental, or is it tangential? (I haven’t got a clue. Glad I don’t have to learn English from another language, but there again, I obviously haven’t learnt it enough yet) threads. In fact I like threads that drift (not using that word again). It’s ‘you want to get ‘A’ because I know what I’m talking about and it’s cheap’, that I don’t like getting involved in. Or ‘I’m an amazing photographer, I’m telling you I’m right, but I’m not going to post any proof’, threads.

Alanis Morissette would be proud of me. But we all know that, don’t we?

1 Like

Le Chameau wellies ideally. Leather lined even better. Been going to rallies for years and questioned camouflage gear. Detectorists series comes out and the camouflage was hilarious. It’s all in the detail. Great series.

1 Like

Just bought a barely used Minelab Equinox 800 from a dealer for £675. :grinning:

2 Likes

You’ll need to watch The Detectorists now.

1 Like

Of course it is…

No 1 region for metal detecting revealed — see how your area compares

best i get one!!

A lot of history in the Norfolk area and yes it’s always been regarded as the best for detecting. A lot of the fun in detecting is researching areas to look for what you want to find. Some people like Roman, some like 10th-12th century stuff.

Tbf, in simply wandering around Norfolk, encountering a number of old relics is fairly commonplace.

4 Likes

Dont you require some sort of licence or permit? If you find something of value - who is the rightful owner?

I think the Crown own everything. Even us. :expressionless:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.