I’m aware there are a number of similar threads but none seem quite the same (and nothing I’ve read has fixed the current problem). So apologies if this is a duplication but I’m desperate for some help/advice.
Short version: Using a Core connected to Nova. At the moment, I can only see music I have added to the Downloads folder. I can see the MQ folder but it appears empty (it had about 1.5 to 2 TB of ripped CDs last weekend).
Long version: Until yesterday everything appeared to be working fine. I have a mixture of ripped CDs and downloaded music on a Core (combined around 2 - 2.5 TB). Occasionally, when ripping a CD the meta data wasn’t recognised so I’d open the MQ folder, copy (using MacBook Pro) the data across to the Downloads folder and use Metadatics to fill the meta data.
- Yesterday, I couldn’t access the MQ folder. On the Mac finder it just claimed it was empty and the Naim app suddenly showed only the music in the Downloads folder.
- I have tried the various switching off/on routines (including router … but as I can see the download folder and the Music folder and even the MQ folder, connectivity doesn’t seem to be the issue).
- Tried to do a back-up before a factory reset and the Back-up got to 900% before I cancelled it (it seemed a bit odd!). Now looking at the back up disc much of the MQ folder has folders for Artists but they are empty (and some of the data appears in a file called recycled).
- Did a factory re-set and no change - both app and Mac finder can see the Core, but the app only recognises music in the Download folder and using Mac finder I can see both Music and Download folder. I can see content of Download folder, I can open Music Folder and see the three folders HQ, LQ, & MQ but MQ claims to be empty.
- When I use the Mac to look for the Core it no longer has an icon … just a ? (not sure how relevant that is).
Thanks in advance for any help/info