Mix Olive NAC72 and HC with NAP CB250

Unless it isn’t serviced …

1 Like

Ideally you buy the 250, try and see what you prefer. The 250 is in theory the better amp but ls50 are not demanding therefore the improvement may be limited.

If possible, can you increase the distance of the ls50 to the back wall? I’d start playing with that.

1 Like

Good point - I’m assuming we’re talking about serviced vintage amps.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all the comments. To be honest my current setup isn’t serviced by now. And yes, I’m thinking about first recapping it or directly upgrading to a 250. For sure, I’ll reach out for a recapped version and give my other devices a service soon. Unfortunately I’m located in Germany and the market is emptier than ever. But I liked the comment about not loosing money, and just trying and comparing. May be I first go with a CB. Somehow, the more edgy, more Naimlike sound interests me. On the other side the design mix still Makes me unsure.

For what its worth I love the aesthetics of Olive, CB and classic combined in my system. 82 Olive, Supercap 2 classic, 2 x 135s CB. It all looks great on Fraim.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.