Modern speaker combination nait 2?

He never told me he sold Royds , I’ll be having a word or two to him about that :rage::grinning:

Well there’s a good chance he’ll have a pair of well run in Priors soon, cabinets seen better days but the rest is still working well.

He tells me I’ve already got enough speakers , I’m thinking about the Majistra’s ( stand mount to Orkestra’s )

Just a thought. He obviously doesn’t tell you everything (you didn’t know he sold and I think distributed Royds).

He was still in Balmain at that point Pete ?

Yep, across the road from that horrible pub.

Yep - spot on there , still as bad if not worse

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated. I will be looking for Ls3/5as ‘clones’ or a pair of Neat Motives / Nsats

Thanks again.

1 Like

Good luck. :+1:

Good for you Nyez

I think it was our leader Richard Dane that mentioned the LS3/5a’s are a different beast. I gave them a listen but they certainly didn’t do it for me

Let’s know how you go

Cheers

I agree, they don’t do it for me either.
I’ve listened to a few over the years and always found them lacking in the low end, it just isn’t there. They are a small IB (sealed cabinet) so lower registers will be compromised.
I understand the BBC developed them as a near field monitor for outside broadcast use, not for studio.
Good for voice, folk, coral where they are exceptionally good, but if rock or full orchestra are your thing, you will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Spot on Mike -B

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.