Mogwai - As the Love Continues SQ

Can’t say It sounded too hot to me when I listened to it. I streamed through Qobuz via Roon.

Sorry don’t buy it. I have bought about 10 albums over the last few weeks that I listened to on Qobuz first. They don’t sound any different.

It’s an argument I’m not especially minded to partake in at length. It’s raged on here and elsewhere for many months. Overall, knowing a couple of people with systems I’m familiar with where there really is nowhere else they can go in terms of improvements, my inclination is to very much side with those who conclude that Qobuz is better than Tidal sound wise but still a tad below local streaming.

That said, it’s moot to me. Firstly my system won’t be in that place until I’ve replaced my amplification. Secondly, the choice offered by Qobuz is simply too limited for my tastes. Of the 1% of CDs my Zenith would not rip I could not find a one on Qobuz. It’s only CDs but fairly illustrative.

I received the CD a few hours ago and sadly I’m a bit disappointed with quality of it. It sounds great until things really get going then the quality drops off, sounding muddled is the best description I can think of. I was really looking forward to this one too. I found myself skipping through tracks which spoilt the album and I moved on to something else. Just my opinion and contribution, others may well have different results.

That’s even more interesting. Which tracks?

I shall endure some more discomfort a little later and let you know, off the top of my head the last track - It’s what I want to do,Mum (which happened to be the first I listened to due to the most recent additions option on my app) became quite uncomfortable around mid-point and I didn’t make it to the end of the track.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.