Mola Mola Makua preamp, anyone had a listen?

Just wondering people’s thoughts on the Mola Mola Makua preamp with the DAC board upgrade.

Specifically if it matches or betters a 252/NDS set up for instance.

I want to downsize my stereo set up, but not if the sound of the Mola Mola isn’t up to what I have now.

@Bart knows the Mola Mola. He will certainly give some light here. :smile:

These guys from my home town may have found a Mola mola:

https://youtu.be/r0IQCLQDfKw

1 Like

Yes, it’s why I cited you. I remember that, It was funny. ( audiophilia thread).

I have heart them briefly. Very high quality sound but to my sense a little dry when I compared the MolaMola pre:power against my 252/300 at the dealer. Others might prefer MolaMola over Naim. I heart the MolaMola playing with Vivid Audio Gaya 45. Very nice combo

following this thread with interest . using class d icepower at the moment . rather better than i expected

Thank you. I’ll have to have a listen, it has (or will have after the Streamer board upgrade soon) everything I need and nothing I don’t.

Interesting to see if it wasn’t perhaps the Class D power amp what was a touch dry sounding ?

Strangely i find the ice power monoblocks to be on the warm side with a sense of realism . they really match well with my bel canto pre . for the money they are superb value as they cost verys little . there are quite a few class d amps now to choose from . Nord being the most popular i think , followed by gato perhaps . a new comer is march audio from australia . the market is becoming rather full so one would have to think very carefully about investing in mola mola when such competition

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.