Morgana full loom

Well after selling my last full loom of morgana cables, when I thought I was moving my 500 and 552 on. Today my second full loom turned up, new style boxes I see and new stickers on the mono xlr’s, so no excuses for getting them the wrong way now, just got to burn them in once again, but happy to be fitting them once again, as I did enjoy them last time and go nicely with the phantom speaker cable.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hi @Dunc

I use the Mono XLS-Din pair for a few days now and have to say I am happily surprised … very nice improvement made
Do you use Phantoms as well? Would you recommend them?
Iver

1 Like

Hi yes, i have had the n5 and now phantom, which i found a nice improvement, had the phantom cable about 8 months

4 Likes

I have 4 Morgana’s in my system which I’m very impressed with and now thinking of swapping from the Naca5 to phantom, lots of good comments and reviews.

1 Like

O yes definitely, you wont regret that one

2 Likes

How do the Phantoms sound compared with the Super Lumina guys, are they completely different?

Am I right in thinking the Phantoms are copper like NACA5 but silver in the Super Luminas?

Yes its a copper cable

1 Like

Have you listened to both Dunc? If so able to give an opinion on sound difference? Obviously you preferred the Morgana.

I have and to be honest i couldn’t pay the asking price for them, as to me they dont offer the performance upgrade for the money, and i found the morgana and phantom filled the gap nicely over the standard cables and highline, and gave a nice upgrade at a very reasonable price, maybe not for everyone, but i also think anyone would be silly not to give them a go, if they are looking at trying different cables and not be put off with the relatively cheap price these are, as i feel they punch well above their price range, and are a great quality cable.
But as said before, you would need to try for yourself and with a 30day free trial, then no reason not too

2 Likes

I tried SL three times, it just did not work in my room. I am glad i did not just buy online and take peoples word for it. I personally could not hear much improvement over standard cables and Hiline. I tried Kudos KS-1, liked it over Naca5, then the Morgana inter connects. The din to xlr really opened up a bottle neck in my system…you just have to try for yourself, nothing else will do.

3 Likes

I now use Morgana interconnect and Phantom and found they improved the SQ beyond expectations. At their price level an absolute bargain!

3 Likes

I won a Morgana Interconnect earlier this week (on the auction site) with it arriving this morning. Whilst my wife was sceptical, we listened to a favourite track and then connected up the morgana and relistened - we both heard an improvement to the music.

I’m now about three hours in (working from home) and really enjoying this ‘upgrade.’

I’ve also got some Phantom Speaker Cable on order - 3.5m - having seen and heard the quality/improvement in sound, I can’t wait to get these connected up to my speakers.

1 Like

@Dunc Since you have quite a bit of experience now with Morgana XLR, are they particularly stiff to fit? I just received a set for my 300 and I can not insert them - they line up fine but just will not engage. The pin tips are beginning to roll now so they will not take any more force and I don’t want to damage the amp.

Gazza, you clearly weren’t listening hard enough! :wink:

1 Like

Or you could try them, if you like them sell the SL and have a holiday😉

1 Like

Holidays, I remember them…

Oh yes, sorry…missed a few our end as well.

1 Like

As you will know i am on my second set now and both times they have just pushed in nicely, aven when i cant see what i am doing.
I would get behind or remove the 300 and take a look at what is going on, also jave you compared the plug and pins to the original naim ones to see if it all looks the same? But as said definitely dont force them in and maybe you have a damaged pin?

Thanks Dunc, the problem is now solved.

The -ve pin was slightly bent on both connectors. I contacted Witch Hat and they said I could send them back but recognising it was an international shipment, I could try aligning them myself first, if I was comfortable with that. If I damaged the pins whilst manipulating them, they would replace without question. I managed to get the pins aligned without much ado and they are now installed and running in.

1 Like