Morgana XLRs arriving

I’ve taken the plunge and have three Witch Hat Morgana Din-XLR leads arriving tomorrow for my three NAP250 DRs. Looking forward to trying them out and will post impressions on their performance when they’re installed.

4 Likes

Ooh that sounds interesting, definitely keep us posted.

2 Likes

I am interested in results. I have a 300DR and they make a XLR pair for that.

3 Likes

Very nice! I’ve orderd a Morgana signal cable to link my NDX to the SN2,it should hopefully be with me next week. I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for your thoughts.

2 Likes

I use them on my 500dr, i found them them an improvement over the standard ones, more off everything

2 Likes

Fancy box. Decent quality looking cables so that’s a positive start. Now to do the contortions and get them connected.

2 Likes

Rather posh indeed👍

All connected up. Second album in. The first was Lillies by Melanie de Biasio. First impression was that vocals were standing out from the mix more, which I like. Also bass notes seem deeper, quicker and carry more texture. Second album on now is I Speak Because I Can, Laura Marling. More texture again, greater separation on harmonies. Early days still but not discerning any negatives yet, apart from increased hiss through the speakers when music isn’t playing. Might have cocked up the cable dressing in the snakes nest though so a full strip down, clean up and reassemble is probably in order.

1 Like

What length did you get? I think the length of the DIN-XLR cables for my 300DR are 1m, but am wondering whether I might want 1.25m.

1 meter. That’s long enough for my setup fortunately as the extra cost X 3 for 1.25m would have been painful.

1 Like

I recently got the Morgana 5 pin Din. Going from my NDX to SN2 replacing the standard lavender cable. The change was marginal at first but after a few days things got much better (soundstage and clarity). I would say it’s a nice upgrade. I really don’t get the fancy box, completely useless and unnecessary to me.

3 Likes

That was my first thought. Keep the box and reduce the price. Then I thought how much would the box cost? Very little probably and at least you feel a bit Christmassy opening it.

1 Like

My 10m pair of Phantom cables came in non-descript black cardboard boxes. I feel cheated. :wink:

1 Like

Same here

Mine too but you dont listen to the packaging when playing music :wink:

1 Like

I’m thinking of switching from lavender to Morgana 5 pin din as the feed from my Ndac to XS 2 (CD5 XS being used as a transport with Naim digital cable as connection from CDP to Ndac) so would be interested to hear how the Morgana improves things over the Lavender.
I’ve dismissed the Highline as an option as it just seems problematic from a connection, dressing and potential fault issues.

Hi dknk yes I am in the UK so a return would be an option, just wondered if any other forum members have tried the Witch Hat Morgana din to din interconnect and if so how does it improve on the standard Lavender if at all ?

Ghosted here for many years, learned a lot, enjoyed a lot. Thought I might tell you my morgana experience. For 15+ years used a hi line between a cdx and a 52, then between a Linn ads and that 52. In all that time had absolutely no problems of breakage or reliability. Always thought the hi line superior to the lavender.
For the last 4 months I’ve been using a Morgana lead instead. I’ve found it much better.
Installed it, deeper, quieter soundstage filled with more music.
It’s a lot more revealing and transparent.
Really striking improvement in rhythm, tune and timbre.
The real kicker is that the bottom end and the bass seems deeper, fuller, stronger.
Never heard my system sound so satisfying.

9 Likes

Caveat- my morgana is rca to din of course. The morgana, like the hiline rewards careful dressing, it likes free space. Hope this has been helpful.

@Booster, I’ve noticed an improvement on the bottom end as well. Morgana 5 pin from NDX to SN2, in my system for over a week now.

2 Likes