Morgana XLRs arriving

:joy:

Yes, at the moment I need a cable which is at least 1.6m long. Unfortunately it’s a compromise forced on me as a result of the room shape and features.

2 Likes

The price of the Morgana has increased quite a bit. Any comments on the 5 pin din to 5 pin din 180 degrees? AR Lunar? Thanks

I am now a very happy owner of a Morgana interconnect, the cable arrived 2 days ago and I certainly won’t be taking advantage of the 30 day return offer!
I don’t have the experience of some of you to be able to write a long comparison list but I can honestly say I’m impressed with the change the new cable has brought to my system. My personal notes of the change were greater clarity to the music, each instrument became easier to distinguish and less merging or muddled which in turn felt like I was pulled in to the music. I did initially feel like some of the highs from a sax were less cutting or sharp but after listening for longer I felt this to be a lot more comfortable and enjoyable to listen without loss of any detail or finesse. Again these are all my opinions and honest personal experiences but if anyone is considering one but not certain I suggest they take advantage of the money back offer and try them but make sure you have the funds available as I’m pretty sure you won’t be returning them. I’ll be placing an order for a Din to RCA for my phono stage in the near future and as funds allow elsewhere in my system. Although I had a slight mistake with the initial delivery Nic at Witch Hat was great to communicate with very apologetic and fast to correct their error. I’m a very happy customer.

3 Likes

My XLR mono pair just shipped. I should see them early next week.

1 Like

I also have a morgana RCA to din coming tomorrow i hope and its as good as the xlr’s then i will be very happy.
Will also try them on my phono stage and if good then the standard rega’s will be getting changed as well

3 Likes

My Morgana XLRs arrived today. After plugging them in and letting the NDX2 play for a few hours I’m now playing a Chick Corea/Gary Burton record I was playing on the turntable last night. My impression is it sounds better than I remember it from last night, and I wasn’t really paying that close attention to it just now. It just sort of jumped out at me that way. I’ll leave further judgement to getting some more play time first.

3 Likes

Yep iv have the morgana for my 300dr and for my hicap dr and stageline and for my 252 was happy once I got them installed… And now I have had them in a few weeks I’m very happy with what they bring to my equipment and sound through my sopra 2… Clear n clean nice mods n bass I spoke with nic n he helped me out with what I needed… Excellent service from him and I’m using the phantom speaker cable as well… I mainly play vinyl and at the moment I use an oppo 205 as my CD player and using witch hat cable for that as well they made me a xlr /din… And again very happy with it all

1 Like

Morgana 4-5 pin din arrives tomorrow replacing the XLR that wouldn’t work on the bass output of my Snaxo. Good service and understanding from the WH guys to make that swap. Looking forward to plugging it into the Superline tomorrow and seeing how it goes.

Edit: To be precise, and before someone picks me up on it, I know the interconnect will actually be between the Supercap DR and NAC 252. But it’ll be for the Vinyl source. :wink:

3 Likes

How are you getting on with your interconnects?

I’m happy with them so far. They certainly don’t sound worse and my impression is they sound better. I plan to just let them run in for a bit as I enjoy the music. Later on I will restore the OEM cables and see what I think, and then make more definitive conclusions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update

1 Like

That was my experience. Happy at first but open minded. Put the standard lead back after a week or so then knew for certain that the Morganas would stay.

1 Like

Guess what…wrong cable :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh no! That’s disappointing, I’ve been there and although frustrating they were very quick to send out the correct one. I’m awaiting a reply (which is taking a while) to an email before I order the next one(s).
Fingers crossed you’ll have the correct one soon.

1 Like

The Morgana 4-5 Din arrived today at last. Not good. Really bad buzzing hum despite ensuring everything as clear as possible with the spagetti behind the racks. Tried moving the earth lead back from 252 to Superline which made a slight difference but really bad still. Popped the Lavender back on and blissful silence restored. I think my patience is now exhausted. Another postage bill to return this one, the third bill. I’ll stick to the stock cables from now on.

Can you clarify…they expect you to pay postage on a faulty cable?

We’ll see. Maybe the cable isn’t faulty. I have no way of testing that. Will call them Monday and see what transpires.

1 Like

I’ve replaced the original naim stereo XLR with a Morgana on my olive 52/52PS/250 set up. I am hugely impressed and will get a Morgana Burndy when available.

2 Likes

But please don’t discuss that here, thanks.