Morse code interference

Fair enough. You’ve still not said how often this happens. Without more info it looks like some more work with your neighbour to establish whether they are causing you problems is in order. As others have mentioned, log when it happens and see if it correlates with your neighbours radio activities. Nothing more to add until you’ve investigated that route.

Since you’ve determined the RF is not getting into the system via the internet connection and you’ve made no changes to the speaker cables, it might be worth purchasing inexpensive RF chokes and putting them on the power cords. They are small, inexpensive, and snap over the outside of the cords. If that doesn’t work, then you might speak with your neighbor and see if he can reduce power when transmitting in CW mode. One doesn’t need much power for this mode given the narrow bandwidth; less than 25 watts is all that is needs. I typically transmit at 5 watts when operating this mode and can reach halfway around the world with a wire antenna in the attic of the house.

“Just got my neighbour to use morse code and couldn’t replicate the same problem, so still a bit of a mystery”
Perhaps your friendly neighbour can listen and identify exactly what the morse code is actually saying (assuming you don’t know Morse code) and that might help identify the source.

1 Like

Or link to a recording you have made and put on Box or similar… we might be be able to shed light on what it actually is, as it may be nothing to do with morse.

1 Like

Problem seems sorted, put ferrit magnet on power leads to 172 and 155 power amp, thanks for all suggestions, Melvin

2 Likes

Signal ground? Through the 172 or DAC or a Naim CD player but only one of those at a time. The Naim DAC and 172 have switches to enable them to provide it but another DAC?
You may of course already be aware of this.

I used to get radio Moscow on my superline and no amount of playing around with grounding various components had m effect until I changed racks to one without a steel frame. I presume the old one had been focusing the signal rather like the elements passive elements of an aerial but that’s only a guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.