Most hated song

Lots of horrors here so far, but none to match the one that makes my stomach churn as much as (to do a @Kevster ism) Bloody Bo-bloody-hemian Bloody Rhapsody.

Good thread, btw.

4 Likes

I know Christmas music is too easy, but “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” Any rendition is bad; pick one.

1 Like

I struggle to pick a single song that I would describe as most hated.

But hated: when it was first out, and for several years after, the Beatles She loves you yeah yeah yeah: at primary school at the time, that was the first song I remember hating, and it was particularly bad because it blared our from everywhere, though a decade later I ceased to dislike it, though it never became one I would play out of choice. In recent years, I really can’t stand all those pop songs using vocoders or otherwise contorting voices rather than singing. Actually, in between these example, I have actively disliked 99% of pop songs other than a few isolated occasions when over a short period single releases by better artists and the buying public’s fickleness converged.

1 Like

Born in the USA by that bloke. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

10 Likes

That bloody dirge Bryan Adams did for the Robin Hood movie.

9 Likes

Tangled up in Blue, Bob Dylan. It’s like a song, only worse.

1 Like

Patience by Take That- utter tosh…
God I feel better for declaring that…!!!

1 Like

As we shared the same student house I thought you might back me up on the Jennifer Rush😉

3 Likes

Sorry missed your post- yes Poor Dave- and the power of love…!!! 100% agree

1 Like

I don’t want to use the word hate - I will say however, that I really dislike Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners more than any other song ever!

6 Likes

I say anything by Rod Stewart, Red Hot Chilly Peppers or Ed Sheeran…scringe

2 Likes

Everything from Genesis and Peter Gabriel

1 Like

Compounded by the chorus “Stay there” sounding like “Deaner”
A saying popular with young hipsters at the time. Meaning that stage of over imbibing/caining and its after effects on simple tasks and thoughts.

1 Like

‘The Birdie Song’

‘The Floral Dance’…

2 Likes

Crikey, give this thread another day or so &, collectively, we will probably hate every piece of music ever recorded.

4 Likes

Mull of Kintyre, holy moly.

4 Likes

I’d forgotten these two. Dreadful truly dreadful.
How many of us are listening to something you like to keep the ‘ear worm’ out!

99 red balloons
The folk in the flat upstairs never stopped playing it,drove us mad

1 Like
2 Likes

I I agree I recall lots of guests at our wedding dancing and singing to the Archies and Sugar Sugar
Mind you this was after a considerable amount of alcohol.