MQA and Atom

Hi @Innocent_Bystander

On Atom and derivative platforms we have enough processing power onboard to do MQA and way beyond. A few stats:

• 2 GFLOP’s of real time low latency (<2.5ms) DSP processing power.
  • 1GHz of general purpose streaming core processing + 802.1ac MIMO 2x2 Wifi.
  • 8GBytes of High performance of eMMC flash

As mentioned in my post many months we keep a very open mind on such things like MQA. We have full respect of their mission and it’s ultimately encouraging major labels to get their back catalogue into a tidy state with many nice re-releases. I like it!

Currently Roon users to Naim products get a single unfold of MQA and it’s all Roon Ready status, so it’s Roon as intended. Alternatively go on to Qobuz and nearly all the native streams are there as well.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd;

3 Likes

Thanks for the definitive confirmation @Stevesky. It remains to be seen if it is a desirable add-on: and I guess my speculation about potentially offering MQA only to customers wanting it and willing to pay the license cost would be a non-starter in practice because the remainder of the work involved is likely to be too costly for a lesser customer base.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.