MQA. Apple Music. WTH

Hmmm. Apparently not. It works fine with Airplay in both rooms. BUT! With the Google Home the Uniti is distorted! (Gasp) and it doesn’t see the Qb. If I kill the Google home the Chromecast and Uniti play fine but the Chromecast doesn’t see the Atom.

I do not have Google Music…I wonder it it wants that?

While you wrote, I added a clarification to my previous post regarding the Plume wifi, as I understand it, but this should be just fine if you use the Naim app’s multiroom for the Atom > Qb

Unfortunately I have no idea about Google Home. I don’t think it it needs Google Music, whatever that is :slight_smile:

When I use the Naim remote and click multiroom, it says to create a multiroom group with Google home. There is no option to select rooms from the Naim remote?

I saw a review that questioned if the Qb had more bass than the Mu-so. I cannot imagine it has less. I’ve never heard a Mu-so, but the Qb is really loud and disperses the music throughout the listening room shockingly well. It was all I could have had in the condo.

Unfortunately this is completely beyond my experience.

I believe this is not easy to say for sure as so much depends on the placement, and a specific placement that works for the Qb may not work as well for the Mu-So, and vice versa. All I know is that I have heard both of them sound spectacularly well for their size

Despite what I said before about having no experience, it seems that an option may be added to the remote in the future, but is not there yet. Again see https://www.naimaudio.com/product/uniti-atom/support and search for the two words, “multiroom remote” without the quotes. It finds this:

1. Multiroom button — Reserved for future functionality — the Naim app should be used for multiroom functionality

The multiroom button for the apparently future feature is this one with the white circle around it in the screenshot, top middle:

The Qb is a force of nature, but the Mu-so 2nd Generation is on a whole other level - the cabinet was specifically redesigned to allow for enhanced bass performance. Ideal for bigger rooms and those whom really like it loud :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahhhh

So Clare, is the apparent true, that the Chromecast doesn’t see the Qb V1? I see and can control both with Airplay or Bluetooth, but when I click on the Uniti on Chromecast (the page does not see the Qb) it asks if I want to kill the bluetooth and switch to chromecast. That then kills the Qb.

As I’m considering getting one of the two (I already own two Qb1), I assume you mean “for the money”, or in absolute terms?

Shame it’s not easy to audition at the moment.

With the caveat of my missing experience, based on what @n-lot wrote yesterday, it seems that you’d need a cheap second-hand Chromecast receiver to plug into the Qb v1. If you want to use Chromecast to stream directly to the Qb

Sure, I mean for what they are. They won’t rival Classic separates :wink: but every time I hear one I am surprised again by that they can do, for the size and price

I mean in absolute terms. The Qb is nuts! You own two right? You’d need to hear the Mu-so I guess, side by side. But if I was you, I’d get a Uniti. That’s the natural progression (Lol…does Naim love that comment! But true.) I was wondering how the Uniti Atom at 40 w/side could be much louder than the 300 watt Qb. Ha. No comparison. The Uniti with the Focal 816s (I bought them 2 for the price of 1 at “Sky by Gramophone.”-the company Call NOW to see if they have any more. Not an advertised deal. They had the 816 and the 806 bookshelf speakers as 2 for 1. Crazy deal. 301-296-6202 in Maryland) But as far as the third unit being a Mu-so vs a third Qb…before I bought the Atom; when I bought the original, the Qb V1, I debated it (at half price-you can get either V1 for half off at above # presently) or the V2. My thought was the V1 would work with whatever I bought next and my hope was the new version (be it Mu-so V2 or Atom which is what I bought) would “modernize” the old V1. I’m finding that wasn’t true maybe. The Qobuzz doesn’t see the Qb with Chromecast, only the Atom. The Qobuzz does see both with Bluetooth and Airplay. I can play and control both there, but if I select Chromecast for the Atom I lose the Qb.

Yes, the first-generation Qb does not have Chromecast built-in (the Qb 2nd Generation does); as noted elsewhere on thread, you’d need to plug in a Chromecast receiver

1 Like

A Chromecast receiver? That would receive and then transmit to the V1? And that would be CD quality then?

Jesus…this stuff is like reading Russian to me…” The Styled Media Web Receiver is a pre-built Web Receiver application hosted by Google that is designed for streaming audio and video content. You can style the interface with your own colors and branding assets using a CSS file.

To use the Styled Media Web Receiver, select Styled Media Web Receiver whenregistering a new application and (optionally) provide the URL to a CSS file that defines a custom look for the Web Receiver application’s UI.”

A. Am I allowed to say “damn” here? Lol…Damn. B. Can I start another thread merely to say “I love you Naim?” And this forum.

-just listening to my 816s with the Atom…blow away. Crazy. And again, even with Airplay, with the Qb in the basement…whew…but the Chromecast CD quality with Qobuzz is excellent. I’m not really tempted to try Hi-res yet. And another shout out to “Soundiiz” what a great service. I’m still amazed everything transferred so easily. 1500 albums. wow…oops…damn (if allowed…) lol

1 Like

Ooops. Another question you may know the answer to: when I’m playing through Chromecast, not through Airplay (correct?) as the basement won’t connect when I am…is the signal, the music I transferred from Apply Music to Qobuzz in a format that allows CD quality and hi-res? In other words, do I need original content that allows a conversion to hi-res? Or is Apple Music (which plays in their format) able to be…what? Jacked up? Know what I mean?

Right.