MQA on Atom

Yes, I was previously a little concerned that the losses introduced by MQA encoding might still be present if we were listening to the files on non-MQA players, even if they still showed up as 16/44, but it seems that this is not the case.

1 Like

Good to know, cheers.

Iā€™ll relax a bit while wading through Tidal duplicates in the Naim app now. Of course, I stand by my earlier point that Naim could do a better job by either hiding or letting us differentiate. Of course, indicating something is MQA when they donā€™t support it is also a can of worms, so I now appreciate why they donā€™t do thatā€¦

I donā€™t have a pragmatic solution so I guess that means the status quo ainā€™t so bad. Iā€™ll shut up now!

1 Like

Even before MQA, Tidal always had a large number of duplicated and triplicated albums, artists and tracks, with no clear information about what differences there were between them. I find browsing through this mess rather irritating.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.