Mu-So 1st Gen in Hong Kong - No BBC radio channels!

As mentioned in the title, I have recently lost all BBC radios streams and the ability to check for updates on the app. All of my other stations are fine. Very annoying! streaming them on other devices is no problem, so assume PRC hasn’t blocked us (yet!). Tried factory reset etc, to no avail. Any suggestions highly appreciated!

1 Like

No idea why they have disappeared but in the meantime can you add them manually at https://naim.vtuner.com/setupapp/naim/asp/AuthLogin/SignIn.asp ?

Thanks for your speedy reply and the link. Admittedly super thick here, but is it the same email and password for this login or have I missed something? My details are not working.

No the login details are not the same as this forum. Start with entering the MAC address for the streamer. After that I think you can save an email address but it has been so long since I did mine I’ve forgotten the exact steps. Hopefully once you’ve entered the MAC address it shouldn’t be too hard to figure it out.

Hi @JamesHongKong

Could you raise a support ticket with our support team. Reference this thread. Would like to get to the bottom of this.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

Maybe a silly question, but can you find BBC radio streams on any otgee device, e.g. computer? If not, is there any possibility that China is blocking BBC? Not that I even know how feasible that is.

No, I can stream on my Mac and Amazon Echo with no problems. We’re not quite as clamped as the mainland.

Will do.

That’s what I understood, but I thought it worth a check as I wouldn’t put it past China…

1 Like

Thats the point at which we leave and head home!

Hi @JamesHongKong

We’ve investigated the issue and the BBC’s CDN that handles the Hongkong area is broken and not hosting the MP3 streams. For example this URL is broken: http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio2_mf_p if played from BBC CDN sc6.hkg.llnw.net

The BBC have been informed and we’ll post an update once they have fixed it.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

4 Likes

Thanks for your timely response Steve. I look forward to them repairing the service.

Hi @JamesHongKong

The BBC Radio CDN should be back in Hong Kong again. I tried it via a VPN (Nord) and seems ok.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Thanks, all back to normal now. :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.