Mu-So 2 - Dune Edition nowhere to be found

I was chatting to my local dealer last week and he mentioned he had a couple of wood editions available.
If the OP is chasing one then maybe worth speaking to Basically Sound.

Gary

1 Like

I liked the Dune one too. I would have loved to have my two MkII Qbs in that finish. Gold with lustre looks a bit crass but a sort of brassy brushed finish looks great. I’d love to see a copper Muso set too. That would look great as it aged and you polished the top but it went dark around the dail and edges over time.

Its the biggest marketing scam on this planet. Its basically a region not so suitable for wine, they’ve found a formulae to pimp the wine with additives and priced it high.

BUY PROSECCO!

1 Like

Prosecco is largely sweet rubbish, suitable only for screenwash. It can destroy your teeth too, with its sweetness.

1 Like

Or perhaps naim should do a newcastle brown version?

1 Like

Many thanks all - and especially @Farthings-cat for the Basically Sound tip off - I have ordered one and DPD will pick it up shortly.

I had seen the one on the bay in Austria - and had in fact bought it. But the vendor then wrote to say that VAT @20% would need to be paid, and at that point I got cold feet (not helped by any potential warranty struggles in the future), so he kindly agreed to cancel the transaction.

So, I look forward to receiving my Wood Edition in the next day or two. :+1:

Hopefully this next bit won’t get donked, but prices are all over the place. From ~£1,100 for an ex-demo normal version, to £1,599 and £1,299 retail new, and prices in between via the auction site. Long Live the british RRP system :joy:

2 Likes

I did wonder about the Austria one. Here in France no extra vat of course.

Glad you found one.

1 Like

Prices are what? Mine a few months ago was less than £999, new and via a chain based in Kent.

AIUI, the “special editions” are always (/normally?) ~£300 more than the standard version. But I may be wrong

Does the wood version look better in real life than it does in photos?
The pictures I’ve seen just remind me of 1970’s MFI wardrobes…

No. I bought mine due to its price. The timber is nice, just not for extra money.

TBH I don’t think the “wood” does look as good as it ought at this price - very much in the MFI cheap pseudo veneer school of “design”, but in my bedroom - which is full of light oak & magnolia-esque hues the dark top of the Mu-So 2 looks really bad - whatever fascia it has. And the Bentley edition even more so.

The body of the Mu-So OG was better than v2, but the gold is the one for us.

I guess we have different tastes but I really like the wood effect edition.

Gary

3 Likes

Not so much “wood effect” as real wood;

Mu-so Wood Edition was designed to complement any home. Its smooth exterior is made with sustainable Ayous hardwood, expertly treated and then repeatedly lacquered to give the appearance of a Light Oak finish.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.