Mu-so 2 Wood Edition: "Hold down for 3 seconds to put Mu-so in standby" does not work

i bought a Mu-so 2 - Wood Edition.

as mentioned in the title, the typical known “Hold down for 3 seconds to put Mu-so in standby” does not work at my device (booklet page 3).

i did a factory reset. no change. i have to use the controller or app. but i wanted to use just the button on the mu-so itself.

any recommendations?

Are you pressing in the right place?

of course, it is the play / pause button.

i had the normal mu so gen 2 before and the mu so qb gen 2 and had never problems.

just now with the wood edition.

Maybe you need a spatula.

maybe someone from the support can help.

Support contact details here:
support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

Hours of service are:

Mon-Thurs 9:00am-5:30pm GMT/BST
Fri 9:00am-3:00pm GMT/BST

Hello, I too recently treated myself to the same Muso 2 Wood finish.

With regards the putting to stand-by options - I have not tried the method you mention using the dial.

Within the naim app there is a ‘stand by’ button , plus therre also one the physical remote also.

In the ‘other settings’ menu there is a ‘auto standby’ menu with a choice of times - might be worth checking that the options chosen there is not in conflict e.g ‘never’ would seem likley to preclude going to standby.

Hope you find a solution which works for you, I am very happy with mine, and think wood finish is really gorgeous. Unit sounds fine too for my useage, will be interesting to see how it holds up when I eventually bring my various seperates back out of storgage.

i know the option via smartphone or the physical remote control.

however, i know from my former mu-so 2 devices and also written in the handbook itself, one can hold 3 seconds the play / pause button for standby.

in general, in comparison to my former devices, i feel that it is really really difficult to push the play / pause or back and forth button. i have to try it like 20x and maybe it works 1x out of it. where es my former devices: out of 20x trying, all of them would work without any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.