Mu So Gen 1 slow load from BAS

Thanks for response Paul-C. Been busy so apologies delay in responding.
Yes.All are powered 24/7.
iRadio fine. Do not use Spotify.
Plex has always worked well on LAN and on Plex app on iphone using cellular and still does . This problem is only with 2 x new MuSo Gen 1 (Fully updated) . It works but load time is 30 seconds or more each new operation (i.e changing album selection)
Yes. I have always had 4TB music.
Yes. A single album.
Same lag on both MuSo .
Much obliged for your support Sir.

You indicate “NAS and MuSo are hard wired into ISP router before Ubiquiti USW switch”.
Is the ISP router a hub modem/router and is it providing the DHCP to your network?
Are the NAS and MuSo directly wired into this router?
Is your IPhone connecting to this ISP router (by wi-fi)?
What is the role of the Ubiquiti USW switch? Can you disconnect it temporarily?

Sorry for all the questions but seeking a line of investigation.

Yes. ISP router is hub modem/router and provides DHCP to network.
NAS and MuSo wired directly into ISP Router.
IPhone 11 connecting by wifi to this router no problem.
USW is for extra hard wired devices (Not a great fan of wifi)
Will disconnect USW in morning (Ireland playing England in Twickenham shortly so cannot do it now for health reasons…)
No bother with all the questions. Glad you have my back !!

If Plex is playing OK on the phone using Plex App that would indicate that Plex server/NAS is OK.
Therefore issue would seem to be with the MuSo or Naim app.
Is the Naim App on the same IPhone or on a tablet?
Can you see and play to the MuSo from the Plex App on the IPhone?

If you have any Android device you could load BubbleUPnP App (not available on Apple) which should see both your Plex server and the MuSo. There is a free version and only costs about £4 anyway.

Agreed. Naim app on same iphone . Can play from Plex app on iPhone with very fast load of Library. Speed of loading using Naim app is the problem…whilst selecting Plex server!
All IOS I am afraid.

Can you see and play to the MuSo from the Plex App on the IPhone?
Not sure if you were saying you could play to the MuSo or just to the phone.

If not maybe try MConnect App which is available on IOS to play to the MuSo.

Are there confirmed cases, e.g., forum users, who use a 4 TB library by UPnP with the Naim app and it’s working well and speedily?

Plex is just linked to NAS. Cannot see MuSo anywhere on PLex phone app. When I open Naim app it shows me 2 servers… DS918+ and Plex. When I select Synology it tries but never opens. When I select Plex it opens giving me options but takes long time to populate NAS Music Library.
Cannot locate MConnect in App store! Any clues?!

MConnect Player
mconnect Player on the App Store (apple.com)
There is also an MConnect Player Lite which is free but has restrictions
mconnect Player Lite on the App Store (apple.com)

I would expect Plex to be the Plex server.
However I would forget about the Naim App for present and seek to get it working smoothly using say the MConnect Player. I am surprised that Plex App does not recognise the MuSo as streaming devices - anyone with Plex knowledge?
(For a friend I have streamed using BubbleUPnP App from a Serviio server to a MuSo 1st gen - Plex is a similar server. I have a 1TB music database running under both AssetUpnP and Serviio servers which works instantly under both).

Once you prove it works OK, I think you will have to then contact Naim support with your info and evidence having proved it works but that there is a Naim issue probably the Naim App. I do not think the size of your database now matters - it does not load it all only uses the indexes - and you say it works locally on your IPhone.

Thanks. I agree. I am researching best app to use and will then contact Naim. Many thanks. I will update any success. D

I did find another thread which talks about needing to activate DNLA in Plex
see
Plex playing apps dont see my Qb2 via Chromecast - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community

see also
[DLNA | Plex Support]( DLNA | Plex Support

This may make the MuSo visible on the Plex App.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.