Mu-So, Google Home & Naim app

Hi

Hoping you can help.

I wish to be able to say ‘Hey Google, play my Spotify playlist’ and have the sound come out of my Mu-So without any further intervention needed from me.

I’ve set the mu-so as the default speaker in the google settings. However each time I ask google to play something, I then also have to go into the Naim app and change the source to ‘Digital’

Is there a way to fix the default source in the app to digital and have music come straight out of my mu-so whenever I ask Google to play something?

Thanks

I believe it will only currently work with Apple Music (or whatever they call it). I don’t believe it’s possible to ask it to play your uPnP server or other streaming service :frowning:

It works fine with me.
I have a Mu-so QB setup under Google home.
The Mu-so QB is located in Kitchen i.e the room name I designated in Google Home for it’s whereabouts.

I use an iPhone, but from inside the Google Home app.
I say “Hey Google, Play John Williams in the Kitchen” and it works fine.
I also tried it with a Spotify playlist using Siri after setting up the Mu-So in Apple Home.

I think it should work fine, but try using the location name over the speaker name.
Hope that helps!

Edit - I’m using a Mu-So QB 2nd Gen btw.

1 Like

Thanks

Yes - it works for me as well - in terms of, I ask Google Home to play something and it will start playing via my Mu-So - however no sound actually comes out of the Mu-So - so I have manually switch the source to ‘Digital’ in the Naim app before any sound can be heard.

So I’m wondering if there is a way in the Naim app to set the default source as ‘Digital’ and have it stay on Digital

Hi Matt,

Probably me not understanding :wink:
But shouldn’t the Naim App be showing Spotify as the input?

Digital I thought was for an external ‘digital’ connection?
Can you elaborate on the setup?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.