Mu-So Qb2 latest firmware changed the way user interface behaves

Thank you. Indeed, resetting the Muso, now the chosen preset 2 is illimunated. I took pics before I did reset and after so I ain’t imagining things. Too bad, software updates shouldn’t corrupt behaviour or user functionality. I had to redo my radio presets and my 20 iRadio stations… imagine if every smartphone release, we have to reset to factory defaults and reconfigure!

1 Like

That’s great news that it worked for you too.
Thankfully, I only have around 3 presets that I regularly use, so it wasn’t much of an issue for me but, a factory reset after each update would indeed be a pain in the neck.

Great discovery! I’ll give it a try when I get back home in a week!

How about that fade-in effect on the volume ring when you hover over Qb2? Did that effect get back too? Also, did you experience any improvements in motion sensor sensitivity?

1 Like

Alas no, no volume ring animation on power up (via remote on or hand wave) and sensitivity seems still different pre 4.3 update. And no reply from Naim tech support yet by email on my support Ticket 128811 created a month ago!

@Naim.Marketing might you be able to lend a hand?

1 Like

I’ve got a meeting with the software team and tech support later today; i’ll be chasing this and various other points up there, and will update as I can later

4 Likes

OK, update as promised:

Issues identified and fixes in internal testing - firmware 4.3.1 will go out to Beta test shortly.

(There’s also a 3.8.1 update in Alpha testing for Uniti/streamers)

However, I would suggest anyone suffering with UI issues performs a full factory reset now.

5 Likes

Hi, thank you for the follow-up and the nudge from @Suedkiez . Just curious, was the UI behaviour change(s) by design ?

The factory reset, in my trial above only « fixed » the chosen preset illumination. Summary from the thread of some Muso Qb2 UI changes that may have changed/broke post 4.3:

• no power up volume knob clockwise animation
  • chosen preset isn’t illuminated (fixed post factory reset)
  • hand detection sensitivity seems to be less sensitive

In hindsight it would be « nice » to have a means to save/backup user config/presets, so users can easily recover their settings in the event that a factory reset is required for whatever reason.

Just to clarify, the ‘clockwise animation’ you refer to only happens when the Mu-so comes out of a deep sleep or a power off (which, of course, a reset generates) - this isn’t new behaviour.

The preset issue was fixed by the reset, so that looks like a local glitch - it’s not anything the team have been able to duplicate. Neither is the proximity sensor being less sensitive.

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing - thanks for jumping in.

1. After the update to the newest firmware, clockwise animation did not start when Qb2 was brought from deep sleep or after it was powered off. It just lights up the ring now.

2. Proximity sensor - it’s completely subjective, but few people noticed that it’s less sensitive. Even my wife asked me if something changed with the sensitivity of the circle at the top on Qb2 after I updated the new firmware.

3. I’ll check the preset issue when I get back home next Monday.

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing - I took a short video of powering on and powering off MuSo Qb2. You can view it online, directly from Dropbox.

Preset issue resolved after resetting the Qb2. Although, I had to reset the Naim app on my phone as well. No big deal, I was done with everything in under 10 minutes.

Just please, get that clockwise animation when the device is powering on. That little feature is one of they key reasons why I spent all that money on this little device. Since I work with developers, I can bet it is just one block of the code that was either commented or got messed or someone forgot to put a bracket to close the block. :slight_smile:

How do I put mine Mu-so Qb 2 in deep sleep? How do I know they are in deep sleep? Did they dissapear from the app such as the Nova when you put it in deep sleep? Maybe @Naim.Marketing can answer?

In “Deep sleep” it’s not connected to network (app) or remote any more. Only the power button will wake it again.
(I assume it’s the same as the new Unitis. You could call it “soft power off”.)

Oh, how to enter: long-press on power button on the unit.

1 Like

Thank’s :blush::+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.