Mu-so repair

Mu-Sos. As I see confirmed by Robert_h’s post above.

Just one further clarification, does Mu-Sos mean the range, or just the Mu-Sos, but not the Qbs?

Yes, I know they can repair all of Mu-so.
All of the things I have mentioned are those that the UK Naim gave me through South Korea distributor.
However, the most important thing is why do I have to pay the shipping-fee that is three times expensive than repair-cost. Even The shipping-fee is incurred by the UK Naim’s irrational policy.

Did you contact Naim yourself? I have been told various things by my distributor which are not true (and I knew to not be true), and had to ask Naim for confirmation so I could educate the distributor.

Don’t assume they know what they are talking about or that they checked with Naim before telling you what your options are…

2 Likes

I really appreciate your advice.
So,I sent a e-mail to Naim UK for myself yesterday.

2 Likes

As with many threads, the core of the initial post seams to have been overlooked.

Nobody has clarified whether Naim ship 1st Gen Mu-So Main Boards to (some of) their dealers outside the UK or whether ALL 1st Gen Mu-So’s have to be returned to Salisbury for replacement of the Main Board.

Also, is it reasonable for customers to foot the two-way shipping cost to Salisbury.

I don’t know the answer to the first question. I have an opinion about the shipping cost.

1 Like

True, but is it important to solve the OP’s problem if Naim ships mainboards to the German distributor? Best he could do was email Naim, and he did.

Regarding the shipping cost, I kind of understand that it’s the customer’s to pay - its not a Statement and it’s out of warranty. On the other hand, I also understand the viewpoint that it should not be the customer’s problem that Naim decided not to ship the board and/or has no repair facility in SK.
But even if we accept the shipping cost as such I do not understand the amount at all. The DHL website tells me that shipping a 20 kg parcel from Germany to SK is 128 EUR incl. an increased insurance covering up to 2000 EUR.

All of them. Gen 1, gen 2, mu-so, mu-so qb.

1 Like

Hi, I was simply reminding us all as to what the OP asked.

Sure, he was advised to ask Naim, which he has done. Perhaps he no longer is concerned. But I was simply reminding us all.

No harm in that :slight_smile: It’s just so different what the distributor in each country can or cannot do

I’ve done a bit of research here and can confirm that the factory can repair both original and 2nd Generation Mu-Sos.

Furthermore a number of distributors can also carry out repairs on the Mu-Sos, including Naim’s distributor in South Korea. However, the original Mu-So presents some challenges in repair (not least, taking it apart), the most tricky of which that can only be repaired at the Naim factory (incidentally, having identified this during the original Mu-So production, the 2 gen had improved local serviceability designed in). Unfortunately, it would appear that in this case, the diagnosis was that the repair needed was extensive and would require return to the Naim factory.

2 Likes

Hope my gen one doesn’t pack it in, the cost of shipping and parts make the prospect of sending back to Naim remote at best.

An expensive and wasteful addition to landfill unfortunately.

1 Like

Maybe related
My Rega Apollo need a service and my dealer take care of anything, shipping etc.
My repsonsibility is bringing the item to him.

I wonder how repairs get treated when shipping from EU countries to UK and back again.

Lots of stories about people being charged for VAT, import taxes etc, which are not always shown upfront.

Not opening a brexit debate but just wondering how the changes impact on a repair and its cost between UK/EU.

There’s a standard format for this I believe (in the UK I think it’s called Outward processing Relief - OPR). It’s just a question of whoever is temporarily re-exporting/importing the item for repair (presumably, the distributor) to fill in the correct OPR paperwork. I guess each country outside the UK has something similar.

1 Like

Not long ago, I got an answer to this problem from Naim.
On the Naim, the only way to make repairs is to send Mu-so to UK.
However, it is said that I have to pay the shipping cost, which is three times the repair cost.
I don’t think this is a reasonable solution.
Also, any of the answers above say that their country provides all repairs, but it makes no sense that only South Korea does not.
Perhaps, in the future I will never buy a Naim in my country.
No matter how good the audio sounds…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.