Mu-So transformed

I am going to try Pulsor Points by Nordost under my mk 1 muso
I will report my finding…

Ok, I have had a set of Pulsar Points delivered by my dealer and installed undee the Muso and the difference is staggering. The instruments are more defined, the sound is bigger and the vest bit is that you get the urge to play it louder while it doesnt lose its focus. Im not trying to promote PPs its just that even a Muso can really benefit from isolation from vibrations. I had so underestimated its ability to boogie.

2 Likes

A small piece of oil proof paper or somesuch under each one might be the answer (e.g. baking teflon sheet, plastic wallet as used for paper filing, piece of tough plastic bag or sheet like rubble sack, damp-proof membrane etc)

This is a lift from Vibrapod’s website:

VIBRAPOD ISOLATORS are made of vinyl and may blemish the surfaces they touch. To insure the safety of these surfaces use PLAYING CARDS, BAR COASTERS, OR FELT between the sur- face and each VIBRAPOD ISOLATOR.

As I said earlier, it doesn’t seem to harm Corian, and I’m guessing the same would apply to non absorbent surfaces such as glass or marble. I don’t think I would place direct onto vinyl wrapped or wood veneered MDF.

Hi, it’ll be worth trying a better mains lead for the Muso as well. I’ve got a Nordost purple flare and then used 3 stainless steel speaker supports I had under it as well. The improvement in sound is such that when I had a listen to the Muso 2 in store, I didn’t think it sounded better than what I had at home.
Best wishes Amer

Agree that a better mains lead is worth trying. Mine is a Mark Grant DSP1. I’ve also had success with the sorbothane isolation feet which Elusive Audio supply, using two packs of three feet evenly distributed under the Mu-So. These provided greater clarity and bass depth when compared to other ‘solutions’, namely carbon fibre feet and hard spikes. They are also, like the other suggestions, a relatively cheap expenditure.

1 Like

They definitely improved the sound of my Muso.

Has anyone played with these with a QB, can’t work out which model to go for…

Just stuck the vibrapods under the kitchen Qb. The Qb sits on a big Corian worktop. Really does tighten up the sound especially voices. I got the size II ones. Put three to start with but now four. Looks better and doesn’t sound any different.
Hurrah!
Ordering some for the bedroom MuSo next.

1 Like

Yep, defo £21 we’ll spent. I wonder what Naim think of these products, they could be missing a trick.

Gary

Hi Timmo,

Did you find that there was a “Burn-In” period for these feet. Also, which way up did you fit the Vibropod’s
Kind regards,
Simon

No burn in - they made an immediate difference, which hasn’t changed since I fitted them. I use them as per the image in my original post - broad base at the bottom, the depression (which will take their cones) against the Mu-so base.

Same here, no burn in, immediate effect.
Not sure how important spreading them evenly / equally - suspect mine aren’t cm perfect…
Gary

Mine definitely are not mm, or even cm, perfect (none of my hifi is!). Still seems to work pretty well.

Well worth the £21, thanks to the OP for recommendation
Gary

1 Like

Thanks Timmo,

I am getting a better separation between the channels, and perhaps less chesty on male voices. Have you tried changing the power lead? I am thinking of getting a Hello power lead from Russ Andrews.

Kind regards,

Simon

Hi Simon
No, the Vibrapods are the only ‘tweaking’ I’ve done. I’d be interested to know what difference swapping out the power lead makes if you go down that route.
Cheers
Tim

I would imagine that a power lead such as Nains Powerline would make a diffrance as I observe that my Muso sounds so good late at night wgen there is less traffic on the mains.

I’d need a lot of convincing before parting with the kind of cash Russ Andrews and similar are asking for figure of eight cables.

I have never tried non Naim “plugs” but after the success of the vibropads I am interested in doing so.

What would recommendations be?
Gary

1 Like

Thanks for this thread. We have Musos under both our TVs and the transformation with Vibropads has been significant. Strongly recommended.

2 Likes