Music Chain

Graham I don’t mind the album but as I’ve posted previously (and repeatedly) I really dislike the man. His work has become very inconsistent but usually there’s one or tracks that kind of grab you.

We’re probably not that far apart. I have posted here that I think that ‘Astral Weeks’ and ‘Moondance’, although very different from each other, are both masterpieces. But VM has been wildly inconsistent (to put it at the very best) ever since.

And he’s a very angry, grumpy little man, which is hardly endearing - but so was Beethoven, and I forgive him (LvB, not VM).

Anyway, apologies again for mixing up the threads, which I shall have to put down to ‘brain fade’.

No problems I’ve not only answered the wrong post but also the wrong thread. :grin:

Think we have to be able to separate the man (or woman) from the art. So many genius’s have been flawed humans and it’s hard to find one that isn’t.

I revere the music of Beethoven and Wagner, but I find it hard to imagine that either of them would ever be ‘buddy’ types.

I think that Mozart would have been a scream, though.

I’m a huge fan of Lou Reed but he apparently was a prickly character who even lied about his family in the name of a good story. You can love their music (art) and still dislike the artist.

Yeh… autumn to winter,

Fox Hill from the album A nod and a wink by Camel, though this is a more recent live version.

I claim 2 points!

1 Like

I agree very much that Lou Read wrote great music, and that he was (by all accounts) a prickly character indeed. He’s the type who could have started a fight in an empty room.

I have most of his Velvet Underground stuff (I think all, actually), which was wonderful, but much of his later solo stuff is great too. I particularly like his ‘Magic and Loss’ album, which I have had for years as a CD in an extraordinary heavy duty metal case with a black and red screen printed design on the front. I found and ordered it on LP recently, but haven’t been home to listen to it yet.

1 Like

Coney Island Babe, Blue Mask, New Sensations and New York are my favourite Lou Reed albums but I do love almost all his work.

Not the first time as a chain in the music…
But, I love this song - so here again.

Bette Midler Do You Want to Dance from her Divine Miss M album

Though it’s not my kind of music, I enjoyed this when it was released as a single and got into the music charts - in fact I bought a copy of the single and occasionally played it when I did a rock disco, to which the reaction was almost invariably amusement with hilarious antics!
Floral dance by the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band:

Listen to the Band The Monkees

1 Like

Oh ok then, if you insist.

The Band - King Harvest (Has Surely Come)

1 Like

A very tenuous link, but under the circumstances of the news I’ve only just heard I feel it is justified.
The revolution will be televised, opening track of Loud hailer, the penultimate studio album by Jeff Beck, one of my favourite of his albums.

RIP JB

To get this thread moving again and if it’s ok I’d like to reboot it.

Cockney Rebel & Steve Harley- Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me).

1 Like

I was just thinking I’d have to do my own link! But you saved me!

Desecration smile by the Red hot chilli peppers, from the album Arcadium stadium

1 Like

Belle and Sebastian - A Century of Elvis