Music On Special Offer

I notice Blue Note have a 20% sale on, not sure how good that is but may be worth checking out

1 Like

The UK River has Deep Purple Live In Paris 1975 for £11.95 at the moment. That’s pretty good for a triple LP that gets good reviews on the Hoffman forum.

3 Likes

Get all 10 Courtney Barnett releases for just AUD66.60 on Bandcamp. (From memory I believe some tracks are 24 bit as well. )

Also all day tomorrow Friday, June 5th, midnight to midnight PST (add 8 hours for the UK, 9 hours for CET), Bandcamp are once again waiving their fees meaning 100% of the money is going to the artist.

1 Like

Warning: Received the Curtis Mayfield box set from the big river and the first self-titled album was badly warped. Ordered a replacement and this arrived today and the same album is even worse than the first one. It’s almost warped enough to form a bowl!

They’re going back for a refund and I’ll order it from a better supplier.

Oh no, what a shame! I bought my box set from Amazon in February of last year and it was perfect.

I know, very disappointing but it’s a decent price ( but not quite as cheap) at other suppliers, so Ill give them a try.

Qobuz have the DJ Kicks series with 35% off at the moment. They aren’t expensive normally so most are less than a fiver with the discount. I bought Carl Craig for £4.67.

1 Like

from the prestomusic website-

“Until 13th July 2020, we’re offering up to 20% off all CDs on Steeplechase (please note that discounts do not apply to downloads).”

Nice one, thats actually a cracking price too

1 Like

CS734739-01A-MED

Remastered vinyl in gatefold sleeve currently £12 over at Juno. Very nice copy.

3 Likes

Soft Machine - Hidden Details

On Amazon UK for £2.99. This is the revived lineup in 2018, and though it’s not in the league of early Softs, is still very good. The band here is Marshall, Babbington, Travis, Etheridge, so very much in the style of Late Softs vein.

The new live album by the same lineup is also very good btw.

5 Likes

Cheers for this - somehow slipped through my net, but order just placed!

Thanks for that. Order placed. :+1:t3:

Deal of the day at The Sound Of Vinyl is these 4 LPs by Siouxsie and the Banshees for £40: Kaleidoscope, Hyaena, Peepshow and The Rapture. 24 hours only at that price so be quick.

2 Likes

Same here. A bit of a wait but at that price, who cares ! This one was on my list so very fortuitous.

Coltrane ‘New Directions’ vinyl set back in at HMV for £69.99.

1 Like

Thanks Nick just ordered this.

Some time ago I downloaded a free five track sampler from The Spirit of Turtle records. Last night I listened to it and went to check out the website (looking for an image for the album).
There’s quite a few free full album downloads - classical, jazz etc. I found at least 7 under their ‘Modern’ genre.
They’re all in high resolution, even up to 384k and DSD if that’s your thing.
Good hunting!

Doh! Just tried to unpack these and realised they’re only single tracks, of which I already had five. This is probably what happened last time and I made them into a sampler. Still, they’re nice tracks, and I’ve added one more.

HIGHRESAUDIO are offering a 15% discount on everything at the moment. Already quite a bit cheaper than many sites.

1 Like