Music suggestions please

Amazing acoustic guitar(s) - no prisoners taken.

Enjoy

Dave

8 Likes

Pepe Romero - Flamenco!

1 Like

If you like Jazz guitarist - Martin Taylor
Can recommend both of the above.

3 Likes

ā€¦as others have mentioned I would give Antonio Forcione a listen.

1 Like

softLOUD

or try an earlier album by sean shibe -softLOUD was a gramophone award winner and includes acoustic and contemporary electric guitar pieces

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it though? Very generously praised in an old edition of the Penguin Guide and a CD amongst the few I always used to take with me when listening to any potential new addition to my Hifi equipment, back in the day when repertoire didnā€™t just come straight off the salesmanā€™s iPhone.

Jeff

Paco De Lucia - Siroco

Superb guitarist - well worth a listen !

3 Likes

Try This.
Listen on AmazonMusic
Listen on Tidal

The only thing with Roy Buchanan is that even if he played a piece of dental floss stretched over a cardboard box, itā€™d sound like he was maiming a telecaster. The exact opposite of acoustic but insanely cool nonetheless.

1 Like

Ry Cooder for slide: any album, really but try A Meeting By the River if you fancy hearing a sitar thrown in.

Not strictly pure acoustic guitar but have a listen to Nick Drake. Pink Moon is a favourite but any of the others are great, too.

2 Likes

@crispyduck super nice suggestion

1 Like

To all who have contributed to this thread, THANKYOU, love this genre, tidalā€™s in for a good workout.

Paul

2 Likes

The late Michael Hedges .
Aerial Boundaries.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.