Music that really let's Naim sing

After becoming hooked on Naims ability to open old songs that sound new again, I thought it would be a really interesting experience/thread to try and catalogue specific pieces of music from any genre that community members believe exemplify the Naim experience best.

In other words if you wanted to audition a Naim system to its fullest potential which piece of music would do this best? If we end up with hundreds of inputs but find a top 50 it would be a beautiful packaging of world best compositions for members to have when trialling upgrades - or just wanting a favourite 50.

I’m happy to start with an unusual composition that arguably became commercially famous for Bo Derek and Dudley Moore…enough said. - Bolero. The group playing this classic to a sensational contemporary style with electronic piano, trumpets horns and clarinets is Pink Martini in their Sympathique 20th anniversary album. On Tidal and Cd etc. Sound stage, instrument positioning, crescendo and Prat is really incredibly exciting and a perfect demo piece.

Interested to have input from the Zen community masters without apologising for taste and musical preference - just unadulterated musical excellence. :innocent: Go for gold 2022

1 Like

Hi. Sorry but I think the issue is really does Naim let the music sing? There are pieces of music that I will use for evaluating hifi (of any brand) of music. That list includes but not exclusively:

Beethoven III Tennstedt LPO
Mozart Clarinet Concerto - Gervase De Payer
Flamenco Sketches - Miles D
Planet of New Orleans - Dire Straits
Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes
Stormy Monday - Cream Live at RAH
Oh I Wept - Free
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles (acoustic Love version)
Train in the Distance - Paul Simon
Masses by Bach!
This is Hip - John LH/Ry Cooder
Goodbye Pork Pie Hat/Brush with the Blues - Jeff Beck at Ronnie’s
Mediterranean Sundance - Al Di Meola/Paco De Lucia
Equinox - John Coltrane
Any of the Paganini caprices by Julia Fisher

et al.

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes

Analogue Productions Art Pepper meets the rhythm section and the 45 rpm US release of Rumours.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.