Musicians Who Share Your Birthday....!

Just for fun…

I have, amongst others - Denny Laine, Peter Green, Davy Patton and Eric Gales… :sunglasses:

David Crosby and Sarah Brightman. Quite a range

1 Like

Ani Frid Lyngstad of Abba, one of my boyhood crushes too.

2 Likes

Johann Ludwig Bach (third cousin to The Famous One) shares my birthday in 1677 if you ignore 18th-century calendar changes.

Rather more recently:
John Steel (drummer in The Animals, played by on House of the Rising Sun),
Kitaro (Japanese New Age composer),
Don Davies (film composer, The Matrix),
Natalie Imbruglia

But probably the one that’ll get me most kudos here is none other than Alice Cooper.

1 Like

I share mine on 9th December with:

Joan Armatrading
Alice Cooper
Donny Osmond (not sure about admitting that!)
Imogen Heap

1 Like

Without wishing to put a damper on this otherwise interesting thread, please be cautious about divulging your date of birth (or part of) on here, either directly or indirectly.
Identity theft is rife nowadays and fraudsters are a dab hand at harvesting personal data from anywhere about you and putting it all together.
Just a friendly warning.

5 Likes

Suzanne Vega and I were born within hours of each other July 11 1959

1 Like

No you don’t, I’m afraid. Vincent/Alice was born on 4th February, as per my post immediately before yours!

Mark

1 Like

The site I found on the internet is then evidently talking bollox!

2 Likes

Something on the internet is inaccurate? Shut the f…ront door!

Who knew?

1 Like

Who would have thought it???

2 Likes

Ahem…
Although also Joe Bonamassa - who ever he is ?

3 Likes

14th March - Quincy Jones

2 Likes
  • 1926 Johnny Van Derrick, British jazz violinist (Pink Panther Theme), born in Ealing, England (d. 1995)

• 1929 Alun Hoddinott, Welsh composer (Floriture), born in Bargoed, Glamorganshire, Wales (d. 2008)

• 1942](Famous People Born in 1942 - On This Day) Mike Hugg, British rock drummer (Manfred Mann - “Mighty Quinn”), and film composer (Up The Junction),

• 1904 Jess Stacy, jazz pianist, born in Bird’s Point, Missouri (d. 1995)

• 1957 Richie Ramone [Richard Reinhardt], American rock drummer (Ramones), born in Passaic, New Jersey

So no Premier League musicians born on my birthday however ido share a birthday with…
Enid Blyton
Steve Wozniak

1 Like

On a related note, Facebook is rife with supposedly-light quizzes that ask similar seemingly innocuous questions. Today, the question might be a trivia-type thing that indirectly asks you to divulge the month you were born. Seems harmless. A week later a different quiz gets you to divulge the day of the month, and a week after that another quiz gets your year of birth.

Grandma thinks these are great fun and shares them with everybody without a second thought, not realising how easy it is for the bad guys who are posting them to join all three sets of responses and filter out the users that answered all three, thereby handing over their date of birth.

2 Likes

18 December.

I think he’s going to outlive me.

2 Likes

@Corry @Neilb1906

Points taken, I am aware of the potential and the scams out there.
I did a quick risk assessment and reckoned
a somewhat obscure forum thread,
from a username, unique to this discourse community
no DOB or part thereof
was a low enough risk to take
:grinning:

3 Likes

Yes, a common tactic.Thousands fool for it.

1 Like

I was born on the same day (including year) as David Byrne. Otto Klemperer was born on the same date (but not the same year).

I’ve been introduced to Byrne and Otto’s son Werner (Hogan’s Heroes). I did not pass on this significant connection to either of them.

1 Like

Charlie Watts.

G

2 Likes