Musicworks G4 block

I’ve just been leafing through the 2021 Signals year book. It mentions the new G4 block as coming soon. Signals suggest it’s ‘a significant step forward’. I can’t spot anything on the internet, and it doesn’t appear to be available yet. Anyone seem or heard anything about it?

Best to call them, it is over £2 k and you cannot upgrade your old G3 block or sparkly bottom version. Not heard it myself though the Signals guys thought it worth listening to and i think its out on loan with a customer…who also likes it. They are in short supply at the moment.

They did suggest there’d be trade-in options. Will wait to hear what reports come in.

1 Like

Last i spoke they were trying to decide how to price that option…they could get snowed under with the older units…could be a good bargain upgrade for others though?

2 Likes

…and there will be two options for trade in and potential upgraders… G3s without the bottom plate upgrade and those that do have it… at different price levels one would hope.

3 Likes

I borrowed a G3 on Signals’ recommendation and was very impressed, so kept it. The guys also recommended the sparkly bottom upgrade which I also did, again impressed what a bit of plastic could do. So if Signals rate the G4, I believe them.

It will be interesting to hear what they will allow for a sparkly G3 against a G4.

1 Like

After you good sir…age before beauty😉

1 Like

Touché.

1 Like

I might…just depends how sparkly the new G4 is.

1 Like

Personally I am in the Plixir rabbit hole…and having fun. The G4 is interesting as it is the front end…but i think i will sit this one out for the time being.

1 Like

Hi Gazza, you could try this concept and see if you hear a difference only/ or improvement possibly even. ‘Yeah I kno’…’ :roll_eyes: ATB Peter

Oooooh. My interest is piqued. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Peter…a lockdown experiment👍

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Well just picked up the elusive G4 musicworks power block, fitted in after power down , then repower…just settling in. Looks pretty much the same…listening ahead.

3 Likes

Look forward to hearing your thoughts although it does seem rather expensive. I think I would need to be instantly blown away with it compared to the Sparkly G3 to be tempted!!

Are you on the payroll of our Suffolk friends, Gazza. :grin:

Seriously, looking forward to your impressions of the G4. As you say, it looks similar to the G3. What is the difference between them (construction, materials)? Quite a difference in price so there must be some key changes between G3 and G4.

1 Like

I think the whole unit got the sparkly bottom treatment. Must ask when i return it…managed to return a Melco switch this morning…but got a G4😬

Were you able to trade in your G3 against the G4, and if so how much did our friends allow you on your (sparkly bottomed?) G3?