Muso 2 dimensions and experince question

I cannot seem to easily find these on the website.

For anyone with better powers of orienteering through the website or who can measure one, I’d be obliged with length, width and height please.

My next question is for people who own or have heard one.

I’m being kicked out of my main room by returning family members, it will be about 6 weeks all told and likely to be a regular enough occurrence. This is good but me losing my main system isn’t.

I have a Bluesound sound bar under the TV but that really doesn’t give anywhere near the experience of my main kit. I’m hoping the muso will at least give me a chimera of what I’m used to?

Also @Naim.Marketing would you be able to indicate if there are delays in muso at the moment like some other items or is there full stock in Salisbury ready to ship?

Thanks all

.sjb

122mm x 628 mm x 264 mm

www.naimaudio.com > Products > Muso, click the model, scroll down > Specifications

We have stock of Mu-so Wood Edition and some Mu-so for Bentley, but I know it’s more limited re Mu-so 2nd Gen and Mu-so Qb 2nd Gen until stocks are replenished in coming months

1 Like

Thanks Clare, I really appreciate the swift response. Great service!

.sjb

1 Like

Is the mu-so wood edition the 2nd gen mu-so?

Not immediately clear from the website (but I’m not very good with it apparently!).

.sjb

Yes, the wood edition was the latest release, just a few months ago, they surely haven’t resurrected the Mu-so 1 for that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, all current Mu-so are running on the 2nd Generation platform: Mu-so 2nd Generation, Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation, Mu-so Wood Edition and Mu-so for Bentley Special Edition.

1 Like

Sounds like a good opportunity to establish a dedicated listening room if possible.

It is my dedicated listening room!

The problem is it also has the sofa bed!

A real first world problem I know but it does make you appreciate what you have.

.sjb

1 Like

muso 2 is available from a wider range of sources than conventional dealers - eg std edition is currently in stock at john l…s online if your dealer can’t obtain. (hope that doesn’t break any forum rules). are you in uk?
i got mine 18 months ago as a stop-gap after my system was written off in a flood. it got my through covid beautifully. i feel no urgent need to move to the system replacement phase while there is a backlog in new kit announcements - and the naim or chord choice is difficult - no local dealers stock full systems from both.
it really depends on what you value most - for me the muso is good enough to show the gain from qobuz hi-res tracks - certainly on chamber-scale tracks of most genres - but heavier more complex tracks do show its limitations. obviously if soundstage is important then muso isn’t for you - it is stereo to the extent that it doesn’t sound mono but for me the soundstage doesn’t extend much beyond the box but i haven’t tried it for near-field listening
hope that helps
nigel

2 Likes

I had a Muso 2 for 18 months when I moved. It is very good for what it is and works well as a TV speaker, it certainly is class leading. But having stepped back up to a Nova and ATC SCM11 speakers the difference is night and day. I would suggest a demo of the Muso to see if it meets your needs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.