MuSo 2 WiFi problems

Have you been in contact with Naim support about your issues? If not, I would definitely suggest you do so.

1 Like

I had a similar problem with my new speaker bought a few months ago. I resolved it by separating the 2.4 and 5.0 frequencies on my router effectively creating two networks. Then connected the speaker and the iPad I use to manage it to the 5.0 network and all my other devices to 2.4. That worked reliably at the time. Now however I have been able to to get it to work on both networks using iPad or iPhone so I’m not sure what changed. Obviously this shouldn’t be necessary and not all users will have the ability to change router settings. It’s a great speaker though so worth persevering. Good luck

@Barrybartson

I know that it’s frustrating and disappointing. It should just work! I would echo @Richard.Dane and suggest contacting Naim. See my post above regarding the problem I had with Muso-2 and Wifi. You should be enjoying music and not spending your time dealing with technical issues. If Naim can’t get this resolved, I would say just return it all.

1 Like

@Barrybartson

Naim have a network troubleshooting guide in the main website:-

Hopefully this is one link allowed by @Richard.Dane :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your replies and the tips.

I have followed the troubleshoot guide and this does not help. It is quite obviously a problem with the second generation Qb and Mu-so struggling with routers that send 2.4 and 5 GhZ with 1 SSID.

Unfortunately my network does not allow creating zekerste SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 GhZ but it is a brand new and expensive Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 mesh router. I do not have issues with any other system. If I connect any of the equipment to one of the satellites it works perfectly => it just can’t process the wireless signal…

I reached out to customer support and understood my retailer did the same. Customer support claims to be the best in the biz so let’s see…

I will keep you posted.

Would rather not return because I really like the Nova and would not know an alternative for the wireless multiroom Roon ready system that I want other than the Qb and the Mu-so.

Been suffering with Drop Outs MAN ARE THEY ANNOYING.

I have a UK Sky supplied Wi-Fi router, which reading up is a reasonable piece of kit (compared to some dros out there)

You get what you pay for, but for various reasons not replacing the router (yet)

Doing testing between streaming from various modern up to date and Hi Spec Android Phones and other high spec Windows Devices.

Would prefer WiFi (currently), obviously Wired is the best choice. Have one Device wired, that made no difference to the drop outs (thinking Router load here)

Just switched my ISP routers Channel and Bandwidth (from Auto)

Good article here : https://bluegadgettooth.com/channel-bandwidth-20-40-80/

I used a Wifi scanner (WiFi Analyzer on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Abdelrahman+M.+Sid)

I now have my own Wi-Fi with no overlapping, will report back… Thanks for all the tips… what a great forum

Cheers,
LM

1 Like

I have my Muso 2 hard wired to the sky router and have had no drop outs at all.
At my previous house for 4 months I had the Muso 2 hardwired to the virgin super hub with no drop outs.

Agreed Wired is always the way to go (Dedicated 100mb far better than Wireless for performance) (and I will be doing that soon) BUT Wireless should work and ideal if you want to move the Muso for example (BBQ Weather :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I downloaded the app and tried a few options with regards to channel selection.

I mainly use wifi to stream to an amazon fire stick, I’ve been using the manually selected channel 1 for quite a while without a problem. However, when the app was used next to the fire stick it showed that channel 1 was also picking a neighbours wifi at -90 and channel 6 was picking up two neighbours wifi at -80, with nothing on channel 11. So channel 11 would be the best option.

I decided to set the router to auto channel select, it selected channel 6. When I used the app next to the router it was picking up a wifi signal on channel 1 and a wifi signal on channel 11. So, I can see why it selected channel 6.

So, what is more important, to have no interference from other wifi systems at the router or no interference from other wifi systems at the receiving equipment.

Apolgies, what do you mean, Stream from a Firestick using the Spotify app to the MuSo’s ?

I would think to have the clearest signal from (around) the router, i.e. no other equipment messing with that signal, although I am no expert…

The fire stick allows me to watch films and TV programs from the internet. It connects to the TV and recieves a wireless signal from the router.

Yes that I understand, just we were talking, I think about streaming music

Wireless performance driving me nuts much more frequently as of late. Biting the bullet and going to hardwire. Hoping that sorts out the frequent drop outs. Very frustrating for kit at this price level. Love Naim, but frustrated.

3 Likes

Dropouts from any particular service or all streamed media ?

Unfortunately all streamed media.

Just ran a test and played cd that’s connected via usb and noticed muso 2 completely shut down by fourth song in… ugh.,

I meant hdmi, sorry!

Have you spoken to Naim support ?

Good reason it seems to speak to Naim, my 1st Gen MuSo and QB’s are always found on the network (sometimes the Android App) takes a few seconds to find them

Not as of yet. I was hoping to be able to resolve on my own or at least provide them with further detail when I do. Need to possibly investigate local support as I’m in Chicago.