Muso & Muso Qb second generation

Hi
Has anyone else had problems with the new Muso and Muso Qb 2nd generation dropping out when using multi room mainly on BBC Radio 2?, Both Muso’s Using Wi-Fi via BT wholesome mesh system, very strong Wi-Fi signal in the whole house, so don’t think that is the problem.
Latest software updated on both units, the advice given from Naim Support ( which is actually a third party company for Muso’s ) is change my Router !!!
Not happy having spent the top side of £2k for something that is no better than digital radio, all other functions are ok and it sounds wonderful but this is really annoying so any ideas would be appreciated

Have you tried wiring both to the router? If not, give it a go. I suspect it will fix the issue.

No I haven’t as the Router and Muso’s are on different floor levels, so not possible, the supplier ( Sevenoaks Audio) were kind enough to come out to attempt a fix, but after almost three hours resetting Wi-Fi and router it improved for a time but then reverted back to the problem, which is intermittent which doesn’t help of course, so will monitor other internet radio station which seem to work perfectly, hoping that Naim can come up with a software fix …
Thank you for your suggestions

For a few pounds for a couple of really long el cheapo ethernet wires off eBay I think it’s worth trying, even if it means running them out one window into another. At least then you’d know for sure. Multiroom radio can do strange things!

1 Like

Ok that’s a thought

I stopped using multi-room due to bugs with it, they may have been fixed with the latest firmware but I’ve not tried it since.

If you have an iPad or iPhone that has Airplay2 then it might be worth using that to stream Radio 2 via multi-room as a workaround. I don’t use it to listen to radio but I assume you can do it via the iPlayer app.

Yes I have an iPhone 11 plus so will try that thanks

My Qb 1st gen drops BBC stations occasionally but I’m ether wired. Used to happen a lot now only occasionally.

Regards,

Lindsay

Seems to be an issue with some BBC channels whether wired or not.

Thank you for your reply

Dave

Dave - can you raise this with Naim to ensure that they recognise it’s still a problem.

Regards,

Lindsay

I have raised the issue with Naim, also my Dealer Sevenoaks Audio are also pursuing the
issue as well, as they think that a software upgrade may sort the problem.

Regards

Dave

Latest reply from Naim last Friday

Hi, thank you for your e-mail I am sorry you are having an issue with internet radio on your Muso qb. As an experiment can you please move to qb closer to your WiFi router. Also can you please try selecting the Non HD version of Radio 2 to check if the frequency of the dropouts change.

If the qb works OK when next to the Wi-Fi router then this is a good indication that the issue is with the Wi-Fi signal. Could you also try when the qb is sitting nexyt to your router to connect it via the Ethernet socket.

If the unit is OK when hardwired via Ethernet and is showing drop out when next to the router. This may indicate that the issue is a fault with the qb. If you find that the radio is fine when it is next to the router, but the issue shows up when in the normal location of the qb. Then this is an indication that the issue is with the Wi-Fi signal.

If you also find that the radio does not drop out as much when playing the non HD version of Radio 2. This again is an indication that the issue is with the Wi-Fi signal.

​It may not necessarily be with the signal strength. This may be OK but there is not enough bandwidth available. This can be for a number of reasons.

Think I am being given the run around as they don’t know how to solve the problem of all Radio stations dropping out intermittently.

Regards
Dave

That reply sounds very sensible. Have you actually done what they suggested? What was the outcome?

I am still testing as per the advice given, I will let you know the results

Regards

Dave

I have tried everything suggested, with the
Mu-So QB2 next to the router using Wi-Fi and also Ethernet cable, retuned to Non HD radio stations and it still cuts off and then comes back on again in a second or two.
Not looking good from my perspective, whether a software update will sort it I won’t know until one is released,

Regards
Dave

That’s a pain. Hopefully if you feed back your results to Naim they can resolve the problem.

I have done on several occasions, hoping they can find a fixes its really annoying

regards

Dave

Well we have progress at last, after a particularly pointed email I received a call from Naim Customer Support, when I told them the problems were still ongoing, he suggested I take the QB mk2 back to the dealers to listen to, which I did at the weekend, within a couple of hours of dropping it off I received a call saying that it was definitely faulty and had stopped their Wi-Fi, he was going to email Naim Support with a request for a replacement.
The Replacement arrived Tuesday and all has been working well since with no drop off on MultiRoom.
Many thanks to Russell at Naim Support and to Sam at Sevenoaks Audio Nottingham in finally resolving the problem ( this far, fingers crossed that it stays this way ) .

Regards
Dave

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.