Muso regularly disappearing from Naim App

I found the issue explained in the thread MuSo 2 WiFi problems
It appears that the Muso does not accept certain channels on the 5Ghz band that the Eero automatically allocates to the device.
As the Eero does not allow any band separation and/or manual channel allocation I am screwed.
Perhaps if I put another Eero near the Muso and attach it with an ethernet cable I might resolve the issue but why should I have to fork out more money for the poorly designed network element of the Muso? I might have to reintroduce the TP Link or just send the Muso back for a refund.
Thanks to all for the contributions and comments.

I thought Stevesky explained quite nicely why it is, and to me this does not seem to be poor design, in this post in the thread you linked:

I understand that it sucks for you, but maybe the Eero should not assign known-problematic channels without an option to change it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was this meant for this thread or the other one about the bluetooth lag? :slight_smile:

Ah yes, my bad! i was reading multiple threads at the same time :slight_smile:
I’ve deleted my post.

Regarding Wifi channels, if on v4.3 or above the Muso2 now supports the higher band 5GHz channels, so the post that I did ages ago is no longer applicable.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, however the Eero keeps assigning channel 149 to the Muso and the audio drop outs are constant. What else could be causing the issue?

Have you tried moving the Wired Eero Router and Eero extender closer together?
The channels the Eero will choose should be determined by channel congestion and channel availability, ideally you want the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios to be set to Auto Channel assignment, that way the Eero can decide for itself what the best channel is based on other RF in your environment.
Channel 149 is in UNII band 3, by default I’d expect your AP to attempt to use a frequency band from UNII-1 which equates to one of channels 36,40,44,48.
The WiFi country code of the Eero’s should be set to GB/UK if it isn’t.
If you are unable to see the mesh backhaul link quality from the controller app, you may find you might see an improvement in mesh stability and performance by adding an additional Eero extender device.

Additionally, this Eero support guide is of help regards setup: https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207897393
Ensure the Eero firmware is up to date, it appears the current version is eeroOS: v6.10.0-1627 - Released May 3, 2022
Same for the controller app on iOS or Android and the Muso firmware available from the Naim controller app, in case you haven’t checked all of them yet.

I have checked the backhaul via the WIFI Analyzer app and the signal appears to be strong. I live in a typical modern compact semi-detached house, the two Eeros are not so far apart and all other devices work fine. The app confirms channel 149 for the 5Ghz band and 1 for the 2.4 band.
All softwares are up to date.
I have had to re-introduce the TP Link extender - currently on wifi mode rather than ethernet connection - as it only works at 2.4Ghz, this will at least allow me to listen to music without dropouts and hope that this time the Muso doesn’t disappear from the Naim app again after a few days.
Thanks

Sounds like you’ve covered the obvious bases I would in your shoes. Hope you find an acceptable outcome. Happy to comment further if it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.