Muso x 2 for price of Muso 2

Hello, i am able to buy two muso for a bit less than the muso 2. Is it worth doing so?

It rather depends on whether you need two.

Whilst i dont necessarily ā€˜needā€™ two i have more tham one room and it would be nice to have the systems linked around the home. I suppose what im trying to find out is whether the quality difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 is worth the price difference or whether the original is still good and noe great value.

You really need to listen to them, if thatā€™s still possible with the old model at a dealer. One personā€™s big difference is anotherā€™s marginal difference. Iā€™ve heard both and the new one is certainly better and has improved functionality. Do you actually need to full sized mu-so? Maybe a mu-so and a Qb would fit the bill.

Iā€™d say it depends on how you plan on using the ā€œmainā€ MuSo: if itā€™s for background only then the Gen 1 can fill the bill but if you want to sit down and really listen the Gen 2 would be my pick. I have both and the Gen 1 never sounded to me like a real Naim product; with limited PRAT & soundstage, it lacks bass, clarity, and especially musicality. Thankfully the Gen 2 fixed all that and more.

1 Like

You right. Ill have to try and listen to them both, side by side. QB and Muso is a good call.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.