Must-see movies

I can not begin to imagine how many times I have watched this.
Like a favourite album that within has hit after hit.
A modern Horror Masterpiece.

5 Likes

Gorgeous looking within and throughout every second.

2 Likes

Little-known fact (he lied): The famous Col. Kilgore line was going to be “I love the smell of toast and Marmite in the morning.”

10 Likes

This might not be too well known outside of Oz but it’s one of my favourites, a wonderful heart warming and funny film . It’s about the close knit Kerrigan family who live literally at the end of the runway at Melbourne Airport . The Government want to expand the Airport but never anticipated such spirited opposition. Classic .

2 Likes

As a Celtic fan @bhoyo I assume you’re a football fan :wink:. It seems you’re an expat living in Florida so you may not have seen this BAFTA winning 2015 BBC film based on a true story about Neil Baldwin , a Stoke City fan with so called special needs , not that anything has held him back … you’ll recognise many a face and it really is Marvellous. On Prime :+1:.

2 Likes

Thanks Pete. Two recommendations that are going on my list as soon as I can hunt them down.

1 Like

Simply beautiful. Not a dry eye in the house – guaranteed. And, for guys, the best movie ever for accruing bonus points with your better half.

camel

1 Like

I always find checking on Rotten Tomatoes helpful.

Yes, I agree. And imdb. But I enjoy the opinions and recommendations of this little community of (broadly speaking) like-minded souls.

An excellent movie, I very rarely watch a movie twice (or more) have enjoyed this a few times.

1 Like

Great movie, haven’t seen it for ages, must try and track it down.

2 Likes

It’s a classic and loved by all of our family. Highly recommend.

I’ve lost count of the hours of my life I will never get back spent watching films recommended by professional critics. Reliance upon Rotten Tomatoes and similar sites can also be pretty risky. Fortunately retirement has brought with it more disposable time - combined with cheaper cinema entry here in the South West, I no longer feel quite as angry after watching some of the cr*p served up masquerading as art or entertainment!

2 Likes

Everyone’s seen this, right?

7 Likes

My son goes to see a lot of movies.
Came home last night raving about just seeing “The Gentlemen.”
Says it’s a cracking movie, and said it’s a bit like a modern “lock stock”.
So good he want to see it again later in the week.

2 Likes

An excellent movie.

There is somewhat a fascination with the moronic. What with the Hells Angels giving global guidance to the uninitiated.
Plenty of movies with a surprise drive of suicide off a cliff, but few do as good as…

…Thelma and Louise (1991)

2 Likes

One of the most enjoyable films I’ve seen for quite some time. Pure, laugh out loud entertainment. Hugh Grant’s performance was a revelation.

Was moved to binge watch ‘Lock, Stock’ and ‘Snatch’ upon return from cinema - ‘Layer Cake’ and ‘RocknRolla’ tonight (I know LC isn’t a Guy Ritchie film, but it should have been).

No one can touch the Brits when it comes to this genre!

1 Like

O Brother

Pure joy, with a wonderful soundtrack.

4 Likes

Agree layer cake is another good movie. Not seen rocknrolla, should should check it out.
Another good movie along these lines is 51st state.