My Little Naim & Linn System

I have not removed any filter from the lingo and never had a problem with it, since I installed it. It was a massive improvement over the Valhalla, it replaced. Thinking back there was a little hum when I used the mains cable that come with it, but after changing it to the Russ Andrews cable, it been great. Hope this helps you, Murmur

1 Like

Removing the filter is a really good idea. It opens up the sound a lot. I did it myself - just get an unfiltered socket, desolder the wires from the filtered socket and fit the new one.

1 Like

Thanks HH

I think Class A can also do it as part of a service if youā€™re like me and donā€™t like to touch any electronics. Iā€™m thinking of getting a Lingo 1 so good to know.

I got my lingo from Sound Organisation in York, they were great for service and shipping. Hope this helps.

I really canā€™t decide - Class A serviced several items for me last year at the same time including Lingo/Linto and that would have involved replacing the filtered mains socket.

Trouble is with so many Linn/Naim components refreshed at the same time and the inevitable burn-in time to come on song, it was difficult to determine which servicing made what kind of difference.

2 Likes

Take off the dust cover and see if the sound improves.

1 Like

Classic system.

1 Like

Built this over considerable period. Fits the bill. image|666x500

5 Likes

Guy joins the forum. Posts about the musical joy his ā€œlittleā€ Naim system brings him. He doesnā€™t ask about upgrades - the post is about being happy with what he has. But the usual suspect ignores that and starts telling him what he could do to 'improve 'his system. Nobody asked!

7 Likes

What is the Lingo ā€˜filterā€™?
New to meā€¦is it something from early Lingoā€™s?

1 Like

Fantastic, and another SBL user!

2 Likes

Looks great & very professional, well done!

1 Like

Look awesome 29milllane, well done on putting it together. Very nice.

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to come back to you. Yes, I think it was just the Lingo 1 but not 100% sure - perhaps someone can confirmā€¦

Hereā€™s some comments from JV back in the day:

3 Likes

Thanks @Murmur :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum @Bern12

Yes exactly ā€¦ā€œenjoy what one has and not what one wantā€™sā€ Itā€™s all too easy to spend a lot of money for sometimes little perceived improvementā€¦

V_R

1 Like

I am really happy with my system and it gives me great amounts of enjoyment, thank you for all the positive comments.

7 Likes

Good stuff.
Just be a little wary - this place can have one all too easily wondering " ooh, what if?"ā€¦

Butā€¦ainā€™t it grand to be in love!

1 Like

Absolute steviebee.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.