My NDX2 - I seem to have killed its output

David, I think you are correct I have had the same symptoms on my ND555 it looks as if it is playing but no sound, this has happened on more than one occasion it turned out to be a faulty relay then on the second occasion the DAC board had failed.

Very frustrating indeed.

Sorry to hear that, then back to the dealer, I am afraid!

Thatā€™s a shame, it sounds like a hardware issue Iā€™m afraid.

One last try before going back to dealerā€¦

Turn everything offā€¦
Make a pot of tea - should take at least half an hourā€¦
Turn it all back on againā€¦

It works sometimesā€¦

Iā€™d try this without the 555. If it works, try it with. In any case, somethingā€™s gone flakey, so a conversation with Naim or dealer is probably a good idea.

There is another thing to try, which is a factory reset of the NDX2. There have been a few examples recently of people running into this issue and solving it that way.

Best

David

I have done a ā€œfresh out the boxā€¦forgotten everythingā€ reset on the NDX2 this afternoon. I had to do that thing with the remote and teach it my network setting etc. Is that what you mean by a factory reset?

I was wondering if a forced firmware reinstall might do the trick. Roon offers this facility when connected to an NDX2 even though the Naim phone app does not. Roon warns ā€œOnly do this if a Naim engineer advises you to do it.ā€ I think Iā€™ll wait until they call me, hopefully Monday.

I tried this this afternoon tooā€¦The tea was good. The NDX2 didnā€™t benefit from the powered down rest. Thanks for the suggestion though

Ah well. Sorry nothingā€™s worked. Unlucky if itā€™s a coincident relay failure.

It might pay to carry out a factory reset as suggested by David I have carried this out on my ND555 to bring it back to life the only thing you lose are playlists etc but these can be easily sorted.

Well worth a try.

Someone has to explain how to do a factory reset . Apparently Hlgraff doesnā€™t know.

Restoring NDX 2 to Factory Settings

When turning on the NDX 2 power supply, hold down the Play and Input selection buttons of the NDX 2, until the front panel display of the NDX 2 turns on, then release. Warning: This will resetthe music database and will delete all favourites and playlists.

1 Like

Thanks David. Thatā€™s what I did. Sadly it didnā€™t work, but a good idea.

Seeing as others have reported similar issues on this thread, with a relay failure being the reason, I think thatā€™s probably the correct diagnosis for my NDX2, having exhausted all the others things mentioned in this thread. ā€¦ho humā€¦ Unless the Naim people tell me otherwise on Monday, I think a trip back to Salisbury is on the books for my NDX2ā€¦

Rather bizarre whilst playing Radio this morning via my ND555 everything went quiet checked the app and iPad screen all showing as normal, switched to my Core nothing back to Qobuz and Radio nothing no sound at all switched to my tuner working as normal ???

Carried ot a factory reset and this has resolved the problem.

Alas there seems to have been issue with analogue signal output relays. I had one channel go down on my NDX2, Naim fixed it quickly. Certainly unlucky to have both fail, if that is what it is. I am sure Naim will have you back up and running once a bit of TLC is applied to the NDX2.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.