My system made me happy today, don't want to upgrade anymore

Something like this would probably be my strategy, too (if cashed up)…

I did find that ‘Cumquat Music’ sounds noticeably better (from a Fiio M11+ coax digital output) when bounced via a RECLOCK (using an old CDR by Yamaha); which goes against my purist cabling and ‘less hops is more sound’ principles… (oft proven wrong!)

Streamed music not reclocked lacks front to back, and absolute stage width in dimensions, but stuff like cymbal shimmer/nice metalic raspness and CD like sound quality (my gold standard if done well) if I have the internet streams reclocked.

for all I know an inline purifier might achieve similar…

But would be a recomendation to use for super budget streaming kit.

(YMMV)

Thats Gas
had the same thing done at Christmas.
Ears totally cleared,musics sounds great.
Kids still think i’m still deaf though.

1 Like

Yup. Same for me. My system is perfect in every way to me, it’s a nice place to be.:sunglasses:

I’m sure that that’s right, I just need to sort out a sensible plan with Audio T for getting it done in such a way as to allow me to hear music while some items are at Salisbury. Or I suppose that I could just sent it all back in one go.

so friends, I think I can safely say that although repairing the super lumina had an entirely positive affect, but I think it was more the surgery that had this effect I describe above, seems it was affecting my hearing as all my kit (I have a 202/200DR also) now sounds a lot better.

In Hindsight if I only knew this was affecting my hearing in this way I would not have hesitated as I did to have the surgery, out of all the things I would do for music enjoyment !

1 Like

I do have an I-fi SPDIF reclocker, but Rob Watts has advised many times, there is no need for this with his equipment and it really sounds good as it is, I have tested the Wiim Pro optical output against very expensive transports and Rob Watts does have a point.

.y system never sounded better, after 20 years with the same carpet and 3 piece suite, just had new carpet fitted all through lounge and now leather sofa and 2 armchairs, totally amazing sound

I had the same op in 2008. Afterwards, you’ll find you sleep better and be able to taste food properly again. My similar moment came with ear suction a few months ago and seem to be able to hear better than for a decade! That was my fourth such vacuuming but this one really cleared things out.

It also ties in with my now having the same 282/HCDR/250DR as you. I really don’t think I will need to upgrade either.

2 Likes

Really? Let’s see how long this honeymoon would last? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad it’s all working out for you BUT…

Have you ever actually been in a room with a band? It’s not something I’d recommend.

If my hifi sounded like the band was in the room I’d weep.

.sjb

4 Likes

Yes, I was in the band!

2 Likes

Yes I understand what you mean. What I mean is the the hi fi was able the recreate the rhythmic and dynamic qualities of the music in a way that was very enjoyable

I don’t enjoy live music at concerts anymore as it is just too loud for me

Of course I’d love to have a 552 but what I have now is more than I ever aspired to.

The 552 remains aspirational …

Likewise !
Naim NAIT 5, NAP 150, Music Technology speakers. The only thing that’s changed is the Arcam FMJ blew up, and the Denon Minidisc (all from Grahams) has been retired and replaced by a Linn Music DS - again from Grahams. Keep turning over the possibility of changing 25 year old speakers but I’m not sure. I just go into that room, turn it up and enjoy what I select. I’m sure some systems I read about on here would sound better, but at the risk of upsetting some I have better things to do with my remaining years than try to work out if an expensive but possibly small change will be noticeable by my 60+ year old ears. Good luck to those of you that think you can - I admire your pursuit of excellence.

3 Likes

We have to meet someday :joy::wink:
Cheers,

It really is amazing when the system just sings. I’m also having a good day with my system. It’s lost a little bit of its sharp bite that was irritating me as of late. I’ve changed so many things I don’t know what was causing it but I still have many things that have less than 100 hours music playback under their belt so I’m expecting changes in the overall tone.

Enjoy your system you never know when it will be a bad system day again. :grin:

2 Likes