NA523K boards on a nac82 have sound only on left channel

Hi,

I’ve added NA523K boards on a nac82 and found that there is sound only on left channel. May I ask for some advices how I should troubleshooting? Is there anything I’ve been missing? Thank you in advance.

Check both boards are seated fully on their connecting pins first. Can you take a picture without the boards in place whilst doing this which may be helpful.

Try swapping the L&R phono inputs. Any difference ?

3 Likes

Agreed @james_n . Fitting Phono boards to an 82 is a bit tricky. It may be that one of them is not fully seated and is therefore not working.

1 Like

You left channel board (top one in the picture) doesn’t look straight to me. As previous poster said, check you have the board pins in the mounting holes properly, it’s easy to get wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you James - I understand that they are fully seated. I will double check. Yes, I will take a picture without the boards in place.

1 Like

Your results suggests not. Please - remove & refit both boards.

2 Likes

These are the pictures of the 82 without phono board in place. I’ve removed and refitted them but still have the same result.

Thank you for every suggestions and advices here. I will have both nac82 and the boards checked at a local dealer later. Much appreciated your help.

2 Likes

There’s some obvious circuit board discolouration around the top pin socket for the left channel. Possibly a previous repair? Never seen that before.

2 Likes

Good Work…!!

Fingers crossed its a simple fix - but going to visit your Naim dealer is the right & best thing to do.

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated your advices.

1 Like

@Bandit - I own an 82 - and am familiar with the fitting & removing Phono boards… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s just a marker pen mark - there are a few on the board.

@Bandit - I’m assuming you tried swapping left and right inputs. You may also want to try swapping over the BNC adapters just to be sure it’s not one of them. From the pictures you’ve posted nothing looks obviously wrong, but if the above don’t work then as you suggest, getting the dealer to check things out would be best.

2 Likes

Thank you James - I did try swapping left and right inputs and found the same but I haven’t try swapping the BNC adapters. I think I will have the dealer checked.

Many thanks everyone. Very appreciated.

Ah yes, I can see the other marks on the board. Presumably this was done for a reason, tracing signal/power path when diagnosing a previous problem?

Who knows. Maybe it’s a nod to Peter Belt :smile:

I’ll get the sharpie out and give it a go :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.