Naa and HQPlayer

Hi, is there any plans to add NAA function to hqplayer for uniti Atom?

Maybe never for a Naim product. :frowning:
I already made a suggestion in the wish list thread, and no comments yet.

Very very good🤐

Maybe only a few of Naim users understand what HQPlayer/NAA is? They would rather spend $5K on a Chord Hugo M Scaler than a few hundred bucks for the same solution with the same (more or less) SQ result.

My Ifi Zen stream has Naa/Hqplayer endpoint built in I think.Have not tried it yet,but I was thinking about getting a Mac M1 mini to use for Hqplayer. Wondering if the M1 mini would work for that,and also
Roon Core on the M1?.
Roon nucleus is $2,200 here in Canada,but M1 can be had for about $700
Dollars.

M1 should be good for both Roon Core and HQPlayer if you do not do DSD512 up-sampling.
I only do that for PCM and they are both very light on CPU.

1 Like

Thanks yellow - banana, seems to be a lot cheaper route than Nucleus and Mscaler.
I used to own an Mscaler/TT2,but downsized temporarily. A past member here (Toonartist)recommend Hqplayer to me, I think he used the M1 for it.
I am not sure if I will end up with another Chord Dac,but Hqplayer seems to work with any Dac,from what I have read.

It works with my(rather expensive :wink: ) Linn DSM/3. I am exploring the HQPlayer → USB streaming path to this Linn streamer as kind of experiments to see if it sounds better or worse than the optical ethernet input.

1 Like

Good to know,my current Dac Musical Fidelity MX Dac is considered a DSD Dac.
It only handles up to 192 kHz,but I will be upgrading it at some point. Worse case,if I don’t like Hqplayer, I will just use the M1 for Roon Core I guess.

I find that USB PCM out from the MM is not that good, maybe I will try some streamer like the iFi Zen Stream.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.