NAC 202 mute led blinking

hello everybody
usually i connect 202 to flatcap2 with snac5 and this to nap200dr by snac4 and work great.
i have to sell my flatcap and for test i connect directly 202 to nap200 with snac4 but the mute led blinkind and no signal go to nap and no music is caming.
any ideas?

Check you have both link plugs back in on the 202.

3 Likes

What @james_n wrote. See the preamplifier manual:

1 Like

It will probably sound better with the 202 powered by the 200DR than with the Flatcap. Do try to get a Napsc to power the digital side of the 202 if you can.

1 Like

The Flatcap has a much larger higher rating reservoir capacitor(s) than the one used inside the 200 to power a pre-amp. So not so sure on that one. Although there is the DR module. Be interesting to do the comparison.

It’s already powered by napsc.

Then check you just have the lower (round) link plug fitted.

1 Like

Yes the same connection i have , plus napsc

You have the round link plug fitted (in Upgrade 2) and the mute light is still flashing ?

2 Likes

The snac4 in standard and napsc in upgrade 1

And the link plug is in the Upgrade 2 / link 2 socket ?

3 Likes

You’ll need this one to be connected in the NAC202.

2 Likes

Ok i’m understand, i’ve loose the link for upload2

2 Likes

Ok I’ve always used it with the flatcap and it wasn’t needed, I didn’t think about it
I can’t find it and I’ll have to buy it

Always good to keep these things in the box when not being used. However, the good news is that they are widely available from Naim dealers (even online) and not expensive.

1 Like

[quote=“Richard.Dane, post:15, topic:21244, full:true”]
Always good to keep these things in the box when not being used. However, the good news is that they are widely available from Naim dealers (even online) and not expensive.
can you show me an online shop? I do not find it?

I don’t know where you are located, but at Tom Tom Audio in UK (tomtomaudio dot co dot uk) they have them in stock in the online shop under Home > Naim Parts > Link Plugs:
“Link Plug, Round, 5-Way, Pre-amp”, part number 04-001-0017, Price: £7.93
(Can’t link because of forum rules)

Dont ship to europe

Well I did say that I don’t know where you are located, the info is not in your forum profile. Anyway, any Naim dealer near you should be able to supply, just call them

Edited 18 Jan: Within the context of your set containing a NAP200DR, I think you are in for a very pleasant surprise in running the system without a Flatcap. This is because your preamp will now be driven by the internal power supply from the NAP200DR which contains the discrete regulator specifically for the purpose.

Enjoy your music.

1 Like