NAC 202 mute led blinking

There’s some on eBay and they post worldwide.

I tried a FC with my 200/202, but in the end removing the FC gave better SQ, I cannot remember the differences, it was a couple of years ago. If you look at the Naim upgrade paths, using a FC with a 202 is not shown, don’t ask me why?

A must, quite inexpensive upgrade is the NAPSC, you will certainly hear some there, and of course the HiCap. eBay is a good source if you cannot afford new, or a used one from one of the many Naim dealers.

If you are happy with the sound you have, don’t upgrade because you’ll just want more, it is like a drug, the more you hear, the more you want.

cannot do link
cymbiosis
click estore on the menu bar
then click Naim on the left hand bar
I think you should find one there
There are other dealers avaliable

Don’t ship to Europe

Osbourne, just call a Naim dealer nearby, they are more than happy to help you.

1 Like

It is an appropriate upgrade according to this

The list simply gives the Flatcap as an option, just as it gives powering from the power amp as an option. Nowhere does it mention upgrades.

Ok but flatcap is really an upgrade for 202? I only used it like this

Indeed. The product page does mention upgrades:

And “Options” separately:

1 Like

Using a Flatcap is very little better, if any, than powering a 202 from a 200. In your case, with a 200DR, a Flatcap is almost certainly a downgrade. To get a proper upgrade over powering from a 200DR, you need a Hicap DR, but the improvement will be significantly less than what you’d get going from 200 to Hicap DR. In case you don’t realise, the DR power supply in the 200DR is specifically for powering a preamp and does not power the power amp itself.

As a slight aside it’s maybe worth mentioning that neither your turntable nor your streamer is really good enough to match with your excellent 202/200DR amplifier and your speakers. Should more funds become available, that’s where you should be looking, rather than at a better power supply for your preamp. Maybe you only need one pair or speakers and could redirect funds from the sale of one pair.

Sorry now i update my profile, was old🤪
My think: for now i sell flatcap and for the future i need hicap dr

I’m not sure. If it was me I’d be getting an NDX2 first, or a better turntable and phono stage if I played a lot of records. Anyway, it’s for another day

I fully agree with what @anon4489532 is saying: forget the power supply for now and focus on your sources!

Ok but i bought the ND5Xs2 four months ago and i’ m very heppy of the result. Vinile and cd for now is not on my priority

Since we’re taling about power supplies, you van add an XPS (DR) to your ND5XS2 :wink:

I didn’t think you could add a PSU to the ND5XS2.

1 Like

Yep. You can’t. The previous model could take one but not this one.

Sorry, that is indeed the ND5XS and not the newer edition

I agree about the CD not being a priority now, but keep hold of your vinyl, I still play mine when I am having a good listening session. There might not be much difference you think, but depending on your record deck, you will soon lean to appreciate it.

I have a Pink Triangle PT1, with an AO modified RB300 arm, and a Rega Elys2 cartridge, the latter being the “weakest” link, still pips PCM and DSD, although there is not much between them I must admit. I ditched my Naim CD player as soon as I had discovered streaming and a DAC, it started off with LMS and a simple cable from my PC to a DAC. Today I run Roon on a dedicated NUC, along with a DSD compatible USB DAC. Fantastic sound!

Well on the back of the 202 the plug were the napsc connects it says upgrade one.
and the plug that is used for flat cap/ hi cap/ super cap says upgrade 2. and an additional power supply is considered an upgrade.
To me that’s what it means. Maybe not to the degree of adding a hi cap dr but to my ears adding the flat cap 2x made a noticeable improvement in sound quality and musical enjoyment.
But everyone has a right to their own opinion.
I still plan on adding a hi cap dr in the future, saving towards it now. But until then I’m enjoying the addition of the flat cap.