Nac 202

Just managed to get myself a 202 for the right price couldn’t resist it ,suppose I will have to buy a NAPSC to fetch the full potential or is it just fine with a hicap

1 Like

…oh that nagging feeling, will it be better with NPSC! Not that expensive, so when you can just get one, job done, and yes it does make a difference!

1 Like

NAC 202, NAPSC, HC DR & NAP 200DR user here.
You definitely won’t feel the NAPSC is a waste of money and plenty out there on the preloved market… :wink:

4 Likes

It will work with a HiCap, but will be even better with a NAPSC as well…

1 Like

I have the same setup as quicksticks, definitely worth adding to the 202, enjoy…

3 Likes

If you can power it from a 200, it’ll sound great without any extra PSUs. It’ll sound even better with them, though!

Mark

1 Like

Just set the amp up and everything works perfectly apart from cd that’s just dead connected my old amp back up and everything works fine so no problem with the cd5 player to say I’m naffed off is an understatement

Try CD5 on another input on the 202.

2 Likes

I remember changing a Supernait 2 for a 202/Hi/Napsc & 200. I’ve always liked the relative simplicity of the 202 and sound signature of the 200. The latter is a bit of an unsung hero and closer to the 300 (non DR) than the 250.2 I stupidly changed it for.

Ime & Imo of course.

Enjoy

G

As @Christopher_M mentions try another input. If that works then you may find the DIN CD input has been reassigned to the CD RCA sockets by the previous owner. Easy to set it back if it is.

2 Likes

Works on another port so how do I get it back working on cd port

Try this - see 10.2 Input Socket Assignment

1 Like

Can I do that with out anything plugged into it

I’m not quite sure what you mean. The 202 just needs to be powered up ?

1 Like

Why is naim so complicated lol next I will have to work out how to get my project head amp working on it

Should be simple enough to do - by Head amp, do you mean phono amp or headphone amp ? Did you have it working with your 152 ?

1 Like

Yes had it through line out on rca, and by the way followed the instructions and it works now thank you very much

1 Like

Headphone amp

Ah ok - You had RCA line outs on the 152. You’ll need a DIN5 to 2xRCA cable for the 202. You then have the choice of using any of the spare in/out sockets.

The DIN5 to 2xRCA cable needs to be wired as an output cable, using the ch1 and ch2 out pins for the DIN5 end as per the upper circled pin out diagram.

2 Likes

Done and all working I can’t thank you enough,thank god for this forum for complete beginners on naim like myself

4 Likes