Nac 282 which partner for the budget

Yes, I agree. Big improvement in source, I certainly won’t be hearing everything the ND555 can bring to the party with a SN3.
But source first, or a more balanced approach in terms of the components, I think it’s a case of finding a system sound that presents music in the way you like. I just liked what the ND555 does, and as I don’t want more than 3 (or maybe 3.5 boxes) the apparent compromise in amplification wasn’t a problem at all.

1 Like

No i assume to have the hc so my question is related only to sq

It makes sense. Do you hear improvement at line level between sn2 and 3?

I have heard both the SN2 and SN3 but not at the same time and not with the same sources. I loved my SN2, so even if SN3 is no better, I’ll be happy. For most the SN3 is an improvement over the 2, but I can only tell you more when I get the SN3 home for a long listen. I heard it sound sublime, but only with a ND555 in front, my SN2 never had that privilege.

Without knowing what speakers are it really isn’t possible to advise on power amp choice IMO…

DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 3XL are the OP’s speakers. Lovely, efficient standmounts

I ran my 282 into a Rega Maia for 3 years, for the first two of those I used a flatcap to power the 282. The Maia may have 80W on paper but they weren’t very stiff Watts so probably comparable given I had 4Ω- speakers. I even powered a superline from the 282 while it was running from the flatcap. There were certainly gains when I bought a hicap and later a 250 but I don’t think I’d do it any different.

nice to see a Naim/Devore thread!

i have a 282/250.2 and Gibbon 8 speakers – so naturally, i’d strongly recommend getting the 282 (and then keep your eyes peeled for a good deal on an amp).

I’ve never listened to a NAP100 so couldn’t say, sorry.

@sweet.bippy to me the marriage between devore and naim amps sounds of love. The only little I face and probably you experienced it deeply is the fact that naim pre has a really high gain for sensitive speakers.
Anyhow I think that rithm and realism of gibbons is really hard to describe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.