NAC 52 / SC / NAP 250 DR vs Supernait 3

I just shipped a TT from Spain, and a tonearm from Italy. It’s a global world, DHL and TNT are excellent. Get on hifi shark and do your du diligence, ask probing questions. They come up every couple of months.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m with you on that Dan. I really don’t care what the kit looks like. When we move house I’m going to try to have it in the next room (layout permitting), and just run the speaker cables in, and a remote IR sensor so the Naim remote works. I really don’t want to look at it, and it just takes up space.

But I guess that would be a problem if I had a TT. I don’t at the mo, but when I did I had a GSP Reflex M. I notice you have one. Sounds excellent, eh?

1 Like

It’s "coloured’ in all the right ways to these ears. I like it “coloured” the Naim way.

ha ha! Good one! Aye.

Heartily seconded for sonics. Great-sounding combo without doubt. Cheers

2 Likes

I did a fair bit of research before buying the Graham Slee Reflex M and it’s a great sounding phono stage. Am very happy with it!

1 Like

The 252 is great pre and as I am sure you know is derived from the 52. I heard the 252 with the 500 and NDX2 and 555PS. It sounded awesome.

2 Likes

They are cut from the same “Naim cloth”, for me the 552 comfortably advances over the 52 overall at a cost, as it should and does. It just highlights the excellent value a 52 brings today for those of us considering it - a no-brainer in Naim speak. They are brothers in sonic evolution for me.

Different opinions and preferences anyway.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful when set apart, and yet are together. Lovely! I loved my 52. Miss it.

2 Likes

Your system looks superb :ok_hand:.

1 Like

Looks great, loving the cherry finish on fraim and speakers.

1 Like

I run a 52/SC with a 300dr. I’m very happy with it. It suspect I wont move on from this combination for a few years. Regarding a 552, my priorities lie elsewhere, with various potential upgrades of my vinyl front end. Before that the 52 was paired with a CB 250, which was also a great combination, but in my view significantly outperformed by the 300dr. I would expect a 52/SC/250dr to work very well indeed.

2 Likes

Hello,
In wich way does the 300dr outperformed the 250CB?
Br

In every way you can imagine.

Just my experience.

3 Likes

Just as @bruss suggests, more of everything, more scale, more subtly… One aspect that attracted me were reports of strong low volume level performance. I find the low level performance very good, I dont feel the need to turn it up in the same way as I did with the 250.

2 Likes

What I have alway been told, is no DR power supplies on CB or Olive components. A DR Pre and an Olive amp is fine. Vice Versa. Just no SCDR with a 52 etc.

What do you miss about it?

Many things.

Brought me much happiness listening.

Verve. Drive with a a vice-like bass yet so whole with its balance in mids and highs. An organic coherence. Tangibility - it was such an emotive product for music.

Nothing was out of place when it was fronting the 135s with the CDS2. Everything was so balanced in its place it was one of those products you didn’t feel a need to change anything because it just sounded “right” to the ears.

It’s from my past, so also a sense of nostalgia.

Always liked its looks. But it was how it made me feel everyday with my music that was really both icing and cake. Never once failed me.

3 Likes

That certainly sounds like a pre never to be parted with. Lovely description.

1 Like

What are you going for with your new system @PhilP ?